Days Go On

When I got home from MiB headquarters, I found my father and sister sitting in the dining room. Apparently MiB jumbled my location so my dad saw that I was at the hospital. I told them that I found Zim and he apparently poisoned himself. So I took him to the hospital and helped figure out what the poison was and how to save him. But then I told them that he was in critical care so we couldn't see him now.
     On another note, my father knows that I am now gay. I explained to him that I had fallen for the neighbor kid and he was happy that I found someone that I liked.
     My sister still hasn't warmed up to the idea.
     It's been a couple days now. Gir has given me a progress report each day. Yesterday, Gir informed me that Zim tried to hurt himself once again and I offered to come down, but they told me not to. He also informed me that he doesn't seem happy about anything. So I have another note for him to take to Zim when I see him later.
     Right now I was sitting in class, bored as usual. Since there was a test, I couldn't talk to anybody but I was done. Just two more people and then we can talk. I know Keef went to see him yesterday and I just want to talk to him about Zim's condition.
     "Macey, test complete?"
     "Yea, ma'am."
     "Great. Sit down. Now!"
     "Yes ma'am."
     "Alright. Students. You have five minutes before the bell. You may use this time for your chatter."
     Finally.
     "Keef."
     I crossed over to his desk and sat down in the desk next to him. He doesn't look happy.
     "Dude, did you go and see him?"
     "I was the one who caught him with the water."
     "Was he going to poor it on himself or something?"
     "He was going to drink it. I think he needs to see you."
     "Huh?"
     "He needs to know that you are worried for him and that you are waiting for him to come back here. He needs to know."
     "Agent 427 said no."
     "If he tries again, they might say something different. They try to reserve the races of aliens on the verge of extinction. Zim is one of them and they refuse to let him die. So if it prevents his death, they'll do it."
     "Well that is true."
     "And despite my wishes, he has fallen for you, earthling. He needs you to stay sane. He needs the arguing, the encouragement, the name calling, the teasing, the protection, everything that you offer, he needs. They know it too. They just don't want your father to worry. They'll find a way if need be, though."
     "Oh boy. So I'm just suppose to ignore this like it's nothing until someone comes to get me?"
     "W-Well what else can you do?"
     "Go there and see him. Maybe even knock some sense into his head. Something like that. You could be my excuse. Your parents are real right?"
     "Yeah."
     "So, if your parents are alright with it, I can tell my dad that I'm staying at your house and that we're going to... an amusement park or something."
     "Hmm... good idea. And your father won't think anything of it. I like the way you think, Dib."
     "Cool."
     "I'll call my mom and see what she says. She's usually okay with the company using our home for a scrambling location. I can take you ther but I can't stay."
     "Don't worry, i have a way of getting home."
     "Alright. Just let me call a few people and we can go."
     "I should call my dad too."
     There is the bell.
     "We'll meet by the entrance to the school."
     "Got it."
     I got from the desk and made my way out of the classroom, Keef right behind me.
     But his stop came before mine.
     At my locker, I opened it to find a bunch of little slips of paper. Notes from other students. A few were saying that I was brave to come out as gay but the majority was hate mail.
     I threw all of them away and gathered my things before dialing up the number to my father.
     "Hello?"
     "Dad?"
     "Son, wonderful. What can I do for you?"
     "Can I stay the night at a friend's house?"
     "Sure. Just make sure you have everything for school tomorrow."
     "It's friday."
     "Oh right... well be Home by three in the afternoon."
     "Got it. Bye dad."
     "Bye, son."
     Great. Step one complete. Come on. Feet. We have a mission to complete. I am going to lose it on that irken idiot. I guess I can't leave him alone for more than a day. Well, I guess I should just be glad that he's okay.
     Closing my locker I made my way through the crowd of students and found Keef where he said he would be. But he was still on the phone.
     "Yes I was approved by our agent... No, I already told you that reserves don't get that option... if it were official his family wouldn't remember him or he would have some excuse to back it up... come on mom, it's the last known irken in existence. I don't want to see him die... we tried already... I promise I will be safe and be home for dinner. I already told him that I can't stay with him... yes, by seven... alright, we'll think of something to tell his dad if he does swing by... I am sure it will probably be fine... I love you too, mom. Bye."
     "What was that all about?"
     "My mom asking a bunch of questions because she worries. Come on."
     "Wait, I've been meaning to ask you this question but... are you and your family the last of a dying race?"
     "No, we're known as bing vasidials to the people on our planet. See, our planet thrives on our love and affection for one another, but sometimes when we get overrun, the planet will wipe us all out on the planet and send a warning to the bing Vasidials and we go to the planet and start all over."
     "Ah. Strange. So you're a nuclear family?"
     "Correct."
     "Ah. Okay, now we can go. How will we get there?"
     "My dad will drive. I would take the air bike, but we have to live on the DL too."
     "I see. Alright, lead the way."
     I hope Zim is alright.