Color Change Equals WHAT?!

"Are you serious?"
"Dib. Stay calm. If you stay calm and dress to hide most of your skin like you normally do, there is a fifty percent chance he won't do anything."
"How would I be able to fend him off without hurting him? How long will this last?"
"No idea."
"Anything else I need to know about?"
"Yes. Because of these new hormones, his body is quickly evolving to accommodate them. He is developing a new organ inside his Squeedlyspooch."
"What is a squeedlyspooch?"
"It's a huge intestine-looking organ that acts as a shell, encasing his vitals to ensure that they are protected."
"I see."
"I can't see into it but there is a new organ growing there."
"Okay. And you think it's some sort of sex organ?"
"I do."
"Interesting."
"Just stay calm. During a creature's mating season, it's because they are capable of having a kid. Don't do anything rash."
"Cool. Would anything happen if I did?"
"No idea. This is the first irken to have such developments occur. He could contain both sexual organs, he could contain female sex organs, he could lay eggs for all I know."
"Well great."
"Remember to stay calm."
"Put yourself in my shoes. He is an aggressive and quick to anger kind of alien. I can stay calm all I want, but in the grand scheme of it all, what's it gonna do?"
"Fair point."
"Well, at least I know what's going on. Thank you."
"You are welcome. Tell him I want to do a check up on him in a few weeks."
"You got it."
Okay. So mating is now a thing for him. Last time I checked he had no sexual organs to speak of. So this will be new for both of us.
"Thank you, Gir."
"Of course , sir."
"Zim, I... Zim?"
Zim was on his back on my bed and his eyes were closed. He was either sleeping or the music was up too high so he couldn't hear me.
"Well, he's calm. I'm tired now, though. Alien scum, get up. I'm tired and I want to lay down."
The alien sat up slowly and then removed the headphones and glared at me.
"What do you want that made you wake the almighty Zim?"
"I'm tired."
"Then lay down."
"You are taking up the whole bed."
"Oh. Sorry, dirt worm."
"Thank you."
He rolled over and then got up and climbed under the covers. I followed after and wrapped my arm around him. This time he didn't turn bright green. Good.
     Zim immediately passed out next to me, and after a minute of silence I followed after.
Next thing I knew, I was being shaken awake by someone.
"Hmm?"
"Dib-Stink."
"Zim? What's wrong?"
"There are eyes looking at us from your bedroom door."
"Huh?"
I followed to where he pointed and saw eyes too. Familiar eyes.
"Dad, Gaz, you're scaring him."
"Oh, I'm sorry. I'm just being a good father and making sure nothing is going on."
"We fell asleep around one. It's seven in the morning."
"Dad was seeing how you two were doing."
"Well I don't know how to behave with a gay son. I'm observing and studying."
"And why is Gaz here?"
"I need a twenty before I go to school."
"Oh, right. Here daughter of mine. Have a great day at school. I best be off as well. So much science to do."
"Right. Bye dad."
"Stay out of trouble, you two."
"I make no promises."
"As you shouldn't, son."
"Later dad. Have a good day."
How did dad not question his antennae or his eyes. Maybe it's because he didn't turn on the light in my room.
"I'm going back to bed."
"I should probably get home."
"Aw, dude. Come on. Stay here."
"No. I have to go run some test."
"Oh, before you go, the doctor at base wants to see you for a follow up in two weeks."
"What?"
"Yeah."
"Why?"
"We all have to have checkups and follow ups. She just wants to make sure you're doing alright."
"Oh."
"Scared of your doctor?"
"Yes. How would Dib feel if his race was the reason for the extinction of more than twenty alien species. And your doctor is one of those species."
"Alright, I'll give you that. That's pretty intimidating."
"Zim knows! The panic I feel, earth worm! You don't know what this fear is like."
"Calm down. I know what fear is, though. Imagine waking up every day wondering if you failed to save the earth. Zim, I know the feeling you have to some degree."
"Shut up, human!"
"Okay. Well then, I'll see you later. Stay out of trouble."
With that said, I curled up underneath my blanket once more and tried to fall back asleep.
"Dib?"
"Yes, Zim?"
"Is Dib mad at Zim?"
"No. I'm just tired. Go on and run your tests. Or whatever it is that you need to do."
"I want to find out what happened last night. I need to understand."
"We can talk about it, Alien scum. It's just you concerned here. Sometimes you need more than just lab work done."
"I do not wish to talk about it for I do not want these feelings to return."
"Why not?"
"They were too much. I had little to no control over myself with these emotions."
"I see. Well alright. Once you leave I can get out of these clothes and sleep the way that I normally do.
He's turning dark green again.
"What? You said you were leaving. I didn't think it would matter. Calm down."
"I don't like this. I'm calling her now."
"Who?"
"The... the... the gilltrup that studied me for the thing."
"Oh. I mean you can."
"I'll do it when I go. Come along gir."
     Whoa, I forgot that Gir was still in here. That is suprising.
"Go with him, Gir."
"Yes, sir."
Wow. I did not know that would be how that situation would go. He didn't seem happy about that statement at all. It's true though. I'm getting out of these since he's gone. Then I'm going back to bed. I wonder if Tak went to high school today. If so, what will Gaz have to say when she gets home. I wonder if what's happening to Zim will happen to Tak.
And now I can't sleep.