Raining Down

He's there. He's standing there like he said he would be. Why is he doing that?
     "Dib is here, Zim. Don't leave him in the rain alone."
     "Shut it, Gir. Computer, I'll return after school. Understand?!"
     "Whatever."
     "Here's your lunch."
     "What is it?"
     "Food."
     "Gir!"
     "It's stew, apple slices and Carrot sticks."
     "I hate carrot sticks."
     "I know. It's for Dib."
     "Whatever."
     "Hey, Dib doesn't have to do this. Be glad he's willing to help you, whether he knows your feelings or not."
     "He never will."
     All I did was express how helpless I felt. He told me he would help me adjust to all the different things I'm feeling. He doesn't know I have positive emotions for him.
     Opening the door I saw Dib standing there on my porch. He had an umbrella over his head and a jacket slung over his arm.
     "Morning, Zim."
     "Hello, Human."
     "I brought you a trenchcoat. It'll protect your whole body, not just your head and torso."
     "That is quite ingenious and very kind of you, human. I am genuinely...."
     "Happy?"
     "What is happy?"
     "Oh boy, just put on the coat."
     "Right."
     Happy? I feel a positive emotion. For if I smiled I would be expressing it. But happiness, I guess, is more than just a smile.
     "That thing almost swallows you whole. Awe."
     "What? It's alive?! You set me up!"
     "No-No. That's not what I meant. I meant that it's not your size. Why would I set you up? I have no reason to."
     "It is overly large."
     "That was mine. I got a new trench coat last year. If you want this one then you can have it."
     Hmm? His coat? Wow. And it's warm.
     "How cool."
     "That is happy."
     "Hmm?"
     "You are smiling. Happiness is a positive emotion that can be expressed with smiling."
     "Oh. Fascinating."
     "Cool. Then you can have the coat, dude. Now come on."
     "Alright."
     "Are you wearing rainboots?"
     "Indeed. The acid would burn through my shoes, and hurt my feet."
     "Rain isn't acid."
     "Lies!"
     "Ow."
     "Oops. Sorry."
     "I should be use to it by now. Tell me again the emotions that you were made to have and undersrand."
     "Pride."
     "Mhmm."
     "Selfishness."
     "Okay."
     "Hatred."
     "I believe it."
     "Saperiority complex."
     "Uh-huh."
     "Anger."
     "Alright."
     "Sadness. That is all."
     "What are these new emotions you are experiencing?"
     "Uh... we discussed depression already."
     "An extreme sadness, yes."
     "Uh... have you ever looked at something or someone and... you're suddenly filled with warmth as your pulse increases in speed?"
     "Sounds like an illness."
     "I doubt it. Irkens don't get sick."
     "Okay, sorry. Uh, perhaps love."
     "That is was Gir said. I was hoping for a different answer."
     "Why? What's wrong with being in love?"
     "Everything, human. You wouldn't understand. It's not in my genetic makeup to love."
     "It sounds to me like the air you were breathing was stunting you in a lot of ways."
     "Elaborate."
     "You are acting like a child in an aspect. You blindly followed the leaders of your colony, you were only prone to love if it was a love for your leaders, you did anything they said to."
     "Hmm."
     "You are a teenager now. You have a complex to follow and new things to learn and experience. You can love, as you've experienced. It's okay to fall in love. What else?"
     "I shake and when I try to think about some things, another quickening of pulse but it feels like a nauseous feeling."
     "Fear."
     "What is fear?"
     "Uh, fear is a feeling you get when you feel unsure or unsafe in a situation with someone or something. Or nervousness. A sense of nervousness will do that too. Similar to fear but nervousness is found, usually when you're around someone you love or are interested in. Or when you have to give a speech in front of a class, perform on stage, things like that. Nervousness is something you can get passed in doing it. Fears take a while to get passed."
     "Huh."
     So it's not fear. I fear water. But this feeling I have is nervousness towards Dib. I understand it now. I'm now nervous to be around him because I feel this love thing towards him. I don't know how to... I don't understand.
     "Earth to Zim!"
     "Ah! Do not frighten Zim!"
     "Ha, I'm sorry. But you tuned me out so I shouted to get your attention."
     "What do you want?"
     "I asked you who you fell in love with?"
     "It is none of Dib's concern."
     "Aw, come on."
     "No."
     "Well whoever it is has been affecting you greatly. You should probably do something about it."
     "I do not wish to."
     "Why not? You afraid of rejection?"
     "Zim is afraid of nothing but rain and Gaz."
     "You're afraid of my sister?"
     "Zim has never seen a human get so aggressive so quickly. It's both admirable and terrifying."
     "Yeah, she can be."
     "How does Dib live with the sister?"
     "Carefully."
     "Ah."
     "She's pretty easy to live with. I just have to stay out of her way when she loses in a game."
     "I see."
     "Dib!"
     "Speak of the devil."
     "Who is this devil person you speak of?"
     "Nevermind. Hey Gaz."
     "What are you doing with Zim?"
     "Uh, helping him. Isn't it obvious?"
     "You pest. What did you-"
     "Nothing, human."
     "He didn't do anything. Why does something have to be up for me to help him. You just don't get it."
     "I know he's done something to you. I'll find out what it is."
     "Gaz, he didn't-"
     "I'm not listening to you."
     There she goes. Why is she running?
     "Why does she think that I have done something to you?"
     "Don't worry about it."
     "Worry?"
     "Similar to nervous except it applies to an effect from a cause."
     "Hmm. Well I am, I suppose. Should you leave me alone?"
     "No. It's fine. She doesn't have to like all the people I'm around or the choices I make."
     "I see."
     "I do apologize if she becomes harsh towards you."
     "Oh well."
     "You gonna be alright?"
     "Do not be foolish, human. Zim will never fully be the same. That may be a positive thing in the long run. Dib and Zim have made it to school. Thank you, Dib, for being Zim's escort."
     "Uh-huh."
     I didn't ask for this attention.