Chapter 2

Yûsuke's POV:

I was at my room doing my homework when I heard someone knocking on my door.

"Come in" I replied.

It was my youngest brother, Yoshito.

"Yoshito. Is there something wrong?" I asked him.

"No, I'm just bored" he responded and jumped to my bed.

I rolled my eyes and continued with my homework.

"What are you doing?" he asked me all of a sudden.

"Homework" I answered.

"That's boring" he protested.

"Yoshito, if you're going to distract me, please leave" I requested him.

"But I'm bored!" he whimpered.

"Hey guys" Ryu entered my room without an invitation, "what's up?"

"Where you were?" I asked him.

"At the skate park" he replied to me and leaned on my bed.

I was going to protest but my brothers started talking to each other.

"Mom is cooking spaghetti and meatballs for dinner" Ryu told Yoshito.

"Yummy!" he licked his lips.

"Yeah. Dad is also bringing a chocolate cake" Ryu added.

"Yay! A cake!" Yoshito celebrated as he raised his fists, causing him to fall out of bed, "I'm okay!"

"Boys, dinner is ready!" we heard mom, who was downstairs.

My two brothers rushed to the dinning room and I calmly followed them. When I arrived they were already at their seats waiting for mom to set the table. I decided to help her and she thanked me. Our mom was brunette with brown eyes and tanned skinned. She was really beautiful and we loved her more than anything in this world. She was the best mom we could ever ask for, even tho we can't remember most of our childhood. Suddenly, our father arrived too with a chocolate cake on his right hand. I saw him kiss our mother with great love. Dad was pale, blonde and had green eyes. Unlike mom, he was really tall and tough. He was a great dad. He was comprehensive, supportive, but mostly amorous.

I saw him get near my brothers to play with Ryu's hair and grab Yoshito's cheek. Then, he walked to me and placed his hand on my shoulder. He smiled to me, and so I did. Mom picked up the cake and put it in the fridge. We took our seats around the table to eat all together like a big family.

"So, tell us. How was your first day at school, boys?" dad asked us when he finished up his food.

"It was okay" Ryu shrugged.

"It was very boring" Yoshito protested.

"So typical of you two" dad laughed.

"What about you, Yûsuke?" mom asked me now.

"It was fine. I like it" I answered.

"I'm glad you like it, sweetheart. I know it's hard for you, boys, to start going to school when you were homeschooled your entire life but I assure you is for your own good" mom told us with a comforting smile.

"We know it, mom! Don't worry about us!" Yoshito replied.

Our parents sighed with relief while smiling at each other. I suppose they're proud of us.

"On the other hand, in a few weeks you'd turn 17!" mom exclaimed with excitement.

"When did they grow up so fast?" my dad pretended to be crying.