Chapter 8

Miyako's POV:

I've already called Buttercup to tell her about my plans. I was close to know who the strange guy that Mojo told us about was. I didn't stopped to think about it before going on my own to that place. Even if it was in middle of the forest. For some reason, I never stopped to think about how dangerous was that situation. I guess it's because I was wearing my normal clothes and not my powerpuff costume. At that very moment, I had no idea of what I was going to face.

It was a cottage in middle of the forest, on top of a hill. It looked really comforting and fresh. The door had a sign, indicating that it was open, so I decided to enter. It was warm inside, but the decoration and structure of the store was impeccable. There was all types of make-up products from head to toes. Still, no sign of the strange guy.

"Hello? Is there anyone here?" I asked.

No response. Then I saw a big picture of him, of the strange guy.

"Hello" I heard a voice behind me.

I screamed; surprised and scared. The same guy from the picture was just in front of me. Now I didn't have any idea of what to do.

"How may I help you, young lady?" he asked me.

"O-oh, h-hi!" I stuttered, trying to act natural, "you visited my friend's house a few time ago and he recommended me to you. I would like to try the same products you gave him"

"Really?" he seemed kinda surprised, "and who would that be?"

"W-well, I don't think you can remember" I shrugged.

"Little girl, I can remember every face of this town!" he exclaimed and approached the cash register.

"I doubt it, sir! It was a long time ago" I responded.

"Hmm, how long?" he asked me while playing with the cash register.

"I think it was three or four years ago" I tried to remember.

The man looked at me with surprise. I stared at him for a second. He didn't say a word, and so I didn't. Suddenly, my belt started ringing.

"I'm sorry! I have to answer this!" I excused myself and walked to the door.

"I don't think so!" he blocked my path, "you said you want to try the same products I gave your friend! Now let me show ya!"

I stared at him in shock, terrified. I have never seen so much power.

Blossom's POV:

Buttercup and I were on our way to save Bubbles. I reached her at the forest because I'm faster than her and Bubbles. Of course Buttercup is the most strong of us and Bubbles the one with most ability.

"There's the cottage!" Buttercup said.

"I hope she's okay!" I said.

We stopped in front of the door and took a look. The sign said "closed", so we knocked. No response.

"This is awful" I said, "she must be here!"

I tried opening the door and it actually worked. It must be a trap, but we can't leave Bubbles!

"Buttercup, the door is-" I said but I was interrupted by the sound of a window breaking.

The door opened from the inside; it was her.

"What are you waiting for?! Come in!" Buttercup told me.

I sighed and followed her. It was dark and warm inside. I needed to see where we were going, but I couldn't. Suddenly, we heard the door close abruptly. A whole line of candles started to surround us. And there it was: the man we were looking for.