Chapter 12

Yûsuke's POV:

"Why are we here?" Yoshito asked me for the fourth time.

"Just wait and see" I told him.

We were hidden in front of the movie theater on the other side of the street. It was almost 7:00PM. Finally, I saw Momoko approaching the entrance.

"What is Momoko doing here? Did you asked her out?" Yoshito asked me, confused.

I demanded for silence as I saw her waiting for her date to arrive. Yoshito was more and more irritating every minute. After he asked me to help him become more mature, I asked him who was his crush. I was relief that he was talking about Miyako. I promised to help him, but I had more important things to do first. Now I'm starting to regret bringing him with me. Several minutes passed, still no sign of Homare.

"Can you please explain me what's happening?" he asked me.

"Fine" I gave up, "a guy from our school asked Momoko out. He was suppose to meet her here at 7:00PM."

"He's kinda late, don't you think?" he said.

"Effectively. I think he's not coming" I told him, still watching Momoko.

"I still don't get how does this make me more mature" Yoshito said.

I sighed and looked at my little brother.

"Just learn from that oaf! Will you ever dare to do this to Miyako?!" I asked him.

"Do I have to?" he was confused.

"No! This is wrong!" I facepalmed.

I took another look at Momoko. She seemed pretty sad. That really broke my heart.

"When I see that Homare guy, I'm gonna make him bleed!" I growled.

Yoshito analyzed the situation for a minute.

"Why don't you go and talk to her?" he suggested.

"Me? Why?" I asked him, surprised and blushed.

"It's obvious to me you like her. Just look at you! You came here just to check out on her!" he told me.

"But what should I say? Oh, hey, Momoko! I couldn't help but noticing that your date didn't show up! I know it because I'm stalking you!" I used sarcasm.

"Just tell her you were passing by and ask her to watch a movie with you" he explained me and pushed me to the street.

I wanted to punch him, but fortunately Momoko didn't saw us. I sighed and decided to approach her when I saw Yoshito running away from me. I was really nervous.

"Hey" I greeted her.

"Yûsuke? What are you doing here?" she sounded nervous.

"I was passing by and I saw you here, so I came to ask you the same" I lied.

"Oh" she replied.

"Are you waiting for someone?" I asked her, even if I knew the answer.

Maybe that wasn't a nice question, because she got instantly more nervous and sad.

"N-no" she lied at first, but then sighed, "actually yes. But it seems he's not coming."

That was my opportunity!

"They're playing a superhero movie. It's one of your favorites" I showed her.

"Yeah, I know" I couldn't cheer her up.

"Do you-?" I was about to ask her to watch the movie with me when someone interrupted us.

"Hey! Sorry I'm late!" it was Homare, "I couldn't find my wallet! I hope you didn't had to wait for too long!"