Chapter 25

Ryu's POV:

The first time the professor used this beam on me it didn't hurt. This was no exception. I could feel how every muscle of my body became stronger and more resistant. I felt more energetic. It was even better than the first time.

"Ryu" I heard the professor's voice, "how do you feel?"

"I-I feel" I looked at my hands, but saw no difference, "I feel stronger and more powerful."

"Well, I see you as idiot as always" I heard Yoshito say.

"Who are you calling idiot?!" I yelled at Yoshito.

"Ryu, calm down! What the hell is wrong with you?! Yoshito said nothing!" Kaoru stopped me from punching him.

"Didn't you hear it?! He called me an idiot!" I protested.

"Well, you sure are acting like one now" this time it was Yûsuke.

"You too?!" I yelled at him.

"Ryu! Stop! Nobody is talking about you!" Kaoru stopped me again.

"Wait a minute!" Momoko approached to me, "can you read my mind?"

I concentrated on Momoko.

"If you hurt Kaoru, I'll kill you" I could hear her thoughts.

"The same goes for you with Yûsuke" I tried to communicate telepathically with her.

Momoko looked at me in surprise and then looked at the professor.

"It works! Ryu is a telepath!" she exclaimed.

"Wow!" I exclaimed too and we highfived, "I don't know what that means!"

"I wanna go too!" Yoshito exclaimed.

Yoshito's POV:

I stood right in front of the professor's gun and let him shoot me. Ryu was right, I felt much stronger than before.

"Tell me! What am I thinking?!" Miyako asked me.

"I don't know. It doesn't work" I replied in disappointment.

"Well, not all of you will necessarily have the same powers" Ken explained to me and took a sip from his water.

Suddenly, the water in his bottle began to slowly float up to me. I reached out my hand to take it. The water started to slide down my skin as everyone looked surprised.

"Wow! Hydrokinesis!" Yûsuke and Momoko exclaimed.

"This is so cool!" I exclaimed too.

"Who's next?" the professor asked.

Third Person's POV:

All the boys and girls had already received their dose of white z-rays. Now they were all outside testing their new skills.

"This is awesome!" Kaoru exclaimed while making the portions of earth rise.

"Kaoru, geokinesis" Momoko said and looked at Miyako, "Miyako, electrokinesis"

Miyako charged her phone just by using her finger.

"Momoko, cryogenesis" Yûsuke said.

Momoko made a piece of ice appear in her hand and threw it at Yûsuke, who instantly melted it with a fireball.

"Pyrokinesis" Momoko said.

"Now we're ready to face HIM" Yûsuke smirked.

"Not yet. You still have to train and learn how to control your new habilities" the professor told him.