Chapter 11

Yoshito's POV:

I was happy to spend more time with Miyako since I have powers, again. Being able to share the lunch with her or talk about the things we have in common makes me happy. Nevertheless, that afternoon, when school was over, everything was ruined by one single face.

"Takaaki! What are you doing here?!" she exclaimed.

"Hey, beauty! I wanted to surprise you!" he responded her and gave her a box of chocolates, "this is for you!"

"Thank you!" she blushed.

Momoko seemed very excited of what she was seeing. Kaoru, well, she was not impressed. In fact, she pretended to be vomiting, which made my brother Ryu laugh.

"You're welcome! I also wanted to invite you to eat something with me!" Takaaki told MY Miyako.

"Sure, Takaaki! I would love to!" she exclaimed, but Kaoru started to cough, "I-I mean! I would love to, but-!"

"You have plans already. It's okay! I understand!" he said while she was trying to be nice to him, "I should've asked you if you had plans before I appeared."

"I'm really sorry!" she told him, again.

After Miyako said "sorry" to Takaaki for the thousandth time, we finally walked away from school. Minutes later, we reached the professor's lab.

"Hey, kids!" he greeted us, "I have a surprise for you!"

"Is it food? Cuz I'm starving!" Kaoru asked him.

"No" he frowned and then, suddenly, exclaimed "Taraaaaa!"

He was pointing the kitchen's door which was open now thanks to Ken. The table was full of boxes of pizza and enough sodas for all of us.

"Indeed. That's actually food" Ryu said while crossing his arms.

"Just enjoy it!" the professor ordered us.

"You don't need to say it twice!" Momoko approached the table, followed by us.

We enjoyed our meal like a big family, which made me really happy. On the other hand, I'm still kinda sad. Finding out that your parents aren't your real parents it's tough. My brothers and I decided to pretend that everything was fine, at least until we discover the truth. That was even harder for me. I needed answers. I can't imagine a world without my family. Even if it's a lie, they take good care of us and they love us, I'm sure of it.

"Who wants brownies?" the professor asked, holding a plate full of that chocolate explosion.

"Me!" Momoko almost jumped over the plate.

"Momoko! Where are your manners?!" Miyako scolded her and smiled at us, "please, excuse her! She really loves sweets!"

Miyako looks so cute when she smiles. In fact, she always looks beautiful. I'm a little shy, so it's difficult for me to admit it. I don't want to tell her, but I think I like her. That Takaaki guy makes it even harder for me to tell her. I think she likes him. Why would she prefer me?

"Yoshito" I heard Yûsuke's voice on my ear, "are you okay?"

"Y-yeah. Sorry" I responded him and finished my slice of pizza.

Once we were done eating, we rested for a while on the couch watching some tv and then we started training. I was able to manage my baseball bat perfectly. This is totally my weapon! I know Butch is jealous of me because he got an useless instrument! I wasn't so bad at combat either, but Buttercup kinda scares me. She is so tough and her punches are harder than mine. Finally, having extra lessons with Blossom was the hardest subject. She wouldn't stop talking about me having to follow instructions. Nobody tells me what to do! Just my mom!