Chapter 16

Kaoru's POV:

"R-Ryu?! What are you doing here?! How did you know where I live?" I gasped with surprise and nervousness when I opened the door and saw him standing there.

"I have access to all your personal information on the professor's computer. Besides, I've already followed you other times here" he explained.

"Do you realize that everything you said makes you a psycho stalker?!" I yelled at him.

"Mhm, but I'm your psychopath" he smirked.

"Kaoru, who is it?" I heard my mom's voice coming from the kitchen.

"No one, mom! It's just one of those idiots who come to offer pornographic magazine subscriptions!" I replied to her.

"What a shame! Do you want me to ask your father to kick him out?!" she asked me.

"I should" I growled.

"I just wanted to come see how you were" he admitted.

I blushed and looked away. I hate it when this happens!

"Well, you see that I'm fine. Thanks for coming anyways" I tried not to be so rough with him.

"Kaoru, what's wrong?" my father's voice took us by surprise, "is this mutt bothering you?"

I was even more nervous now. Surprisingly, Ryu wasn't afraid to talk with my father.

"Hello, Mr Matsubara. My name is Ryu Kurosawa, I'm Kaoru's classmate. Sorry I came without advise, I just wanted to see how Kaoru was" he shook hands with him.

"Well, as you can see, she's doing pretty well, you know" my father answered him, acting overprotective.

"Wait a sec... are you... Mr Mask?!" Ryu asked him with surprise.

"Yes, kid! Are you a fan?" my father asked him.

"But of course I am!" Ryu replied and they both smiled happily, "Wow! I can't believe it! Kaoru never told me how cool his father was! I'm a big fan of yours!"

My father and Ryu started talking about wrestling. He totally forgot about his overprotective role. My father really loves being praised, so Ryu took advantage of that to gain his trust.

"What is all this fuss about?" my mom appeared.

"Hey, Mari! This is Ryu! He's Kaoru's friend and a big fan of mine!" my dad exclaimed.

"Oh my! Is this a boy?!" my mom exclaimed with hearts in her eyes, "he's pretty cute, Kaoru!"

"Mom! He's just a friend!" I growled, trying to hide the blush on my face.

"And look at those muscles!" she elbowed me.

"What boy?! Kaoru's boyfriend must be approved by me!" Dai, my older brother, interfered.

"Boyfriend?! Ew, gross!" my younger brother, Shou, came over too.

"He's not my boyfriend!" I yelled; this was so embarrassing!

"Ryu, would you like to come inside? I'll make you some tea!" my mom asked him.

"Great idea, Mari! That way I can know him better!" my dad exclaimed.

"Ryu was just leaving" I tried to stop this madness.

"I gladly accept your invitation" Ryu smiled a little.

I wanted to slap Ryu on the face, but my family was watching me. Dad guided Ryu to the living room and mom started making the tea. Dai and Shou seated close to dad and Ryu to hear their conversation. I was still wearing crutches, so I took a seat on the individual sofa without receiving any help. I watched Ryu talk to my family. They seem to have known each other for a lifetime. My father was very excited and my mother very happy. Even Dai and Shou accepted him soon. I really don't know how he does it, but he won them all in no time, and that made me very happy.