Chapter 9

Butch's POV:

I felt like a Winx transforming into a fairy. It actually worked! My brothers and I have new costumes now. We also have special belts that works like the girls'. I feel stronger than ever. My brothers and I are now able to fly. We have more strength and we are faster than before. This isn't actually so bad!

"It worked!" that kid Ken exclaimed.

"Now that you're superheroes, you'll have to use different names in order to hide your secret identities" the professor told us.

"That's absurd! It's pretty obvious it's us!" I said.

"I want to be Superman!" Yoshito exclaimed.

"Be more original, please" Peach said.

"What about our real names?" Yûsuke suggested.

"Our real names?" Yoshito asked him, confused.

"Yes. Your real name is Boomer. Mine is Brick" he answered him and looked at me, "and yours is Butch."

"Boomer. I like it!" my younger brother smiled.

"Whatever" I snorted.

"In order to save the girls you'll have to learn how to use your powers" Ken told us.

"There's no time for training, Ken. Every second we lose is a second of life to the girls" the professor said and looked at us, "we're counting on you, boys. Please save the girls."

"Don't worry. We'll bring them home safely" Brick responded him.

"You already have the location on your belts. Just follow the arrow, like in a GPS" Ken explained to us.

"What's a GPS?" Boomer asked.

I facepalmed instantly. Boomer and I flew behind Brick, who was reading the GPS to take us where the girls are supposed to be. We reached a forest and soon a small cottage. It was silent, suspiciously silent. One of the windows was broken, so we entered using that entrance. It was dark and warm inside.

"This place gives me chills" Boomer shuttered.

No sign of the girls or any other person.

"I think this is a make-up store" Brick said.

"No wonder why they don't want to come back" I joked.

Suddenly, we heard footsteps approaching. Brick made signals, telling us to stay quiet and hide. So we did. Soon, a man with brown and curly hair started inspecting the place with his flashlight. He was wearing elegant clothes, a pair of tall boots and make-up. He was going to leave when, suddenly, something fell from my pocket.

"A flute? Why do I have a flute on my pocket? I don't even know how to play it!" I thought when I saw it.

I heard the man approaching where I was hidden, but then another sound called his attention. He reached another counter and started screaming when a rat jumped over him. My brothers and I had to contain our laughs.

"Get off me!" he cried, running around the place.

The rat hid inside his pants, what made him scream even harder. He even ran away from the cottage, leaving the door open. I sighed and hid the flute on my pocket again.

"What a coward" Boomer finally laughed.

"This is our opportunity! Hurry!" Brick told us.

Boomer and I followed him, passing through the same door that the man entered by. The back of the cottage was a small house. It had a living room, a kitchen, a bathroom, and even a bedroom. I saw another door on the back, so I went to take a look without my brothers. I think Brick saw me, because he soon started following me.