Chapter 17

Momoko's POV:

"I wonder what the professor wants now" I thought as I entered the lab.

Suddenly, I realized everyone was there, including Miyako. Kaoru was no longer wearing her crutches. That made me a little happy because I thought that the team was back.

"Welcome, Momoko. Come over" the professor saluted me.

I approached them and took a seat near Peach.

"Now, everyone's here. Why did you called us over, professor?" Yûsuke asked.

"Ryu, Kaoru, explain" the professor said.

"Remember when Kaoru asked the villains about Sorato and they all turned nervous?" Ryu asked us.

"Yes. That was very suspicious" Yûsuke said.

"Well, Ryu thinks we should go and ask them about it" Kaoru added.

"What for?" I asked.

"To find out what they know about our disappearance" Yoshito answered me.

"Plus, they must know something about HIM's plan. I have the feeling they are hiding something" Miyako explained.

"They were asking me permission to go on that mission" the professor pointed the greens and the blues, looking at me and Yûsuke, "but I called both of you just in case you wanted to go or say something."

"Sounds good to me" Yûsuke accepted, "I'm coming with you."

"So that means you're back to the team?" I asked Miyako.

"I am, but not because of you. It's thanks to Yoshito's support and to Yûsuke, who is now our leader" she explained to me.

I instantly glared at Yûsuke.

"He's what?!" I exclaimed with anger.

"We all voted, so it's fair" Ryu shrugged.

"I didn't vote!" I complained.

"We all voted for Yûsuke. Even if you vote for someone else he'll still win" Yoshito told me.

"Are you serious?! I can't believe you!" I was furious.

"What did you expected?! You haven't come to train or to spend time with us like you did before! You don't deserve to be our leader anymore! Yûsuke's the one who has been coming, who has been leading the missions and doing all the job! Your job! So don't act like you're surprised or incensed because that's what you get for not doing your job and going after some scumbag!" Kaoru told me.

"Kaoru!" the professor and Miyako scolded her, but it was too late.

I clenched my fists with anger. Her words really hurt me, but most of all, it made me angry. I knew she was right, but I didn't want to hear the truth. I pushed her away from me, not thinking of what I was doing. I just wanted to shut her mouth.

"Hey!" Ryu interfered.

"You know what?! I don't care! I don't need any of this!" I shouted and took off my belt, "And neither I need you!"

I threw my belt directly to the wall. They tried to stop me, but it was too late. I was too angry to think about what I was doing. Now, my belt was broken, and so were my dreams. I've always loved superheros and also being one. But I ruined it all, as always.

"Oh, no! No, no, no, no, no, no!" the professor started shouting and rushed to see the belt.

He was almost crying, and so were Ken, Peach and Miyako. Kaoru and the boys were surprised. The only thing that came to my mind in that moment was to run away.