Chapter 15

Yûsuke's POV:

Everything was a total disaster since that day. Not only did Miyako give up being a superhero, but now Ryu was angry with me. Besides, now Momoko hates me, the girls don't talk to each other anymore and Yoshito is no longer the same. What else could go wrong?!

"Y-Yûsuke" I heard a soft and sweet voice coming from behind.

"Nagisa. Hi" I replied, noticing it was her.

"Good morning, Yûsuke-kun" she smiled at me like a little child and blushed.

Since the day we met, Nagisa and I became friends. We were both lonely, so having each other was a blessing. We shared together at school and in so few days we already knew each other quite a lot. Nagisa was very sweet, tender and affectionate. It always made me feel relaxed and confident. She was understanding and good at listening. We got along very well.

In the afternoons I kept going to train in the laboratory. My brothers also went, although the atmosphere was tense among us. Ryu always attacked me with comments of contempt and Yoshito was quiet and away from everyone. At school we were total strangers. Ryu and Kaoru were almost always together just like Yoshito and Miyako. Momoko was with Homare all the time, of course. As for me, they set me aside.

That morning I took my seat in the classroom. I laid my chin on my hand, I was tired. Yoshito was already there, distracted with his notebook. Soon Miyako entered and sat next to him. I heard them just talk about homework. At least now Yoshito was more focused on his grades. Then, Ryu and Kaoru entered and sat in their usual place. Kaoru already seemed to have become accustomed to Ryu's presence, although they were still heard from time to time.

"Today Momoko turns a week dating Homare" I heard one of our classmates say.

"Probably today Homare will break up with her and ask another girl to date him" her friend responded.

"He's a scumbag! But he's so cute that I wouldn't mind if he did that to me too as long as everyone sees me with him" another girl said and the three laughed.

I clenched my fists, full of anger. How could girls allow a boy to treat them like that?! And even worse, he takes advantage of his appearance to do that to them. What a crap! I got up from my seat, still annoyed by what I heard, and left the classroom. I went to the bathroom and washed my face in the sink to calm down a bit. I took a deep breath and looked in the mirror.

"I'm so stupid! Even after such a long time I still believe that I'll have a chance with her" I thought and lowered my head.

After a while, I decided to return to the classroom. Upon leaving the bathroom I came across a scene that made me enraged as never before. But not only did I feel anger, I also felt as if I had been hit hard in the chest. I felt that I lost control of my movements and my words. I just wanted to break that idiot of Homare's face. To that idiot who had just kissed Momoko, my girl.

Momoko's POV:

I was really nervous that day. The past few days had not been very pleasant for me. First because my friends had abandoned me, and second because Homare was no longer the same as before. Those last days had helped me to reflect. Now, I was afraid of losing everything. My friends, my powers, my boyfriend, my lifestyle, and myself. Everyone looked at me weird that day, as if they knew what was going to happen. I have never felt so terrified in my whole life. I finally saw him talking with his friends in the hall. I clenched my fists with determination, I wouldn't let negative thoughts affect me. I was determined to claim him.

"Homare" I called his attention, "can we talk?"

Homare smirked at his friends before approaching me. That made me feel chills. His friends finally left.