Chapter 3

Kaoru's POV:

I can't affort to lose this game. The girls are watching me closely and giving me support. I won't lose to a Rowdyruff boy! There's no way I'll date Ryu to that party! Yûsuke blew the whistle, announcing that the game started. The first to score a goal wins, so all I have to do is take the control of the ball and score. How hard can that be? Ryu ran to the ball and so I did. However he managed to reach it first. I could hear the girls telling me to run faster as I followed him. Yoshito was also yelling at Ryu, which was irritating.

I finally reached Ryu and took the ball from him. He was following me while the others were yelling at us. When I thought I had reached the goal, he came out of nowhere and took the ball from me. I growled and ran behind him but failed to take the ball. The game was summed up in that one took the ball away from the other and then recovered it until we got tired. However, neither of us wanted to give up. In the end, I blocked his way but he managed to evade me and score the goal.

"GOAAAAAAAAL!!!!" Ryu and his brothers yelled with excitement and started celebrating.

For my part, I fell to my knees on the grass and lowered my head in defeat. The girls approached me in support.

"I'll see you on Friday, dolly" he smirked and winked at me before leaving with his brothers.

I growled with all my strength and hit the ground angrily. My friends tried to cheer me up, but I left without saying anything. I arrived at my house and locked myself in my room. I was so frustrated. This is the second time I lost against Ryu. Will I be getting weak or something?

Miyako's POV:

Momoko and I felt very bad for Kaoru, but we couldn't do anything about it. We took separate paths after the game because I needed to buy some groceries for my grandma. While I was going to the supermarket, I met some boys from school.

"Hello, Miyako-chan!" they greeted me with joy.

"Hey, boys" I smiled them back.

Some of them fainted and the others sighed.

"Miyako! Go to Himeko's party with me!" one of them asked me.

"No! She is going with me!" another one growled.

"No! With me!" they started arguing between each other.

I slowly turned away, trying to get away, but someone pulled me by my hand and lead me to the alley. I ran into a pair of blue eyes that became known to me. I opened my eyes with surprise, but he covered my mouth before I could say anything. I heard steps of the boys leaving while asking where I went. He finally released my lips.

"T-thank you" I stuttered.

"You're welcome" Yoshito told me.

I blushed when I noticed how close we were to each other. He seemed to notice too because he stepped backwards.

"What are you doing here? Where are your brothers?" I asked him.

"I don't know" he shrugged, "we don't gather together all the time, you know?"

"Oh. Me and my friends neither" I replied to him.

I gasped and covered my mouth when I realized that I was giving him significant information.

"What?" he asked me.

He seemed worried. That's not like him.

"Nothing" I blushed.

"Anyways, I'm leaving now. I have stuff to do" he told me.

"Wait!" I stopped him.

"Miyako, what are you doing?!" I thought.