Chapter 14

Kaoru's POV:

Ryu was about to win the game. The crowd was pumped out, including me and Miyako. Suddenly, I saw Murasaki passing by. I didn't pay attention to her because I wanted to see Ryu playing. But then, she pushed me to the ground. Obviously I fell. Fortunately, I didn't get hurt, except for my dignity. I saw Ryu running towards me. He was sick worried. All I could think about was that he missed the goal for my fault. I was so useless that I couldn't even stand up for myself. I felt so helpless and weak. I hate feeling so.

"Kaoru! Are you alright?!" Ryu asked me, really worried.

"I'm okay!" I replied to him, trying to stand up alone.

I didn't want to see myself weak in front of anyone, much less Ryu. Then I saw how his gaze changed. It became bleak and full of rage. Ryu approached Murasaki, clenching his fists. I didn't think he was able to do it, but he did. He pushed Murasaki to the ground in front of everyone. We were all shocked. Her eyes filled with fear and tears. Ryu glared at her as he contained his anger. No one dared to intervene, not even his brothers.

"Don't come near Kaoru again! If you put a single finger on my girl again, I will not mind if you are a girl, I'll break your face!" he warned her in a devilish tone, "is it clear to you?!"

"Ryu! Enough!" the coach scolded him.

The coach kicked Ryu out of the soccer field, while Miyako helped me to stand up with the help of Yûsuke. Murasaki was devastated. She began to cry inconsolably and ran away from the field. She got what she deserved.

"Did you got hurt?" Miyako asked me.

"No" I denied.

"I'm going to check out on Ryu" Yûsuke told us before leaving the field.

Yoshito followed his older brother too. Then, Momoko approached us.

"Are you okay, Kaoru?" she asked me.

"Yes" I affirmed.

"What the hell is wrong with that girl?!" she changed into an angry tone.

"I don't know, but she did take a good scare from Ryu" Miyako said.

"That girl is always behind Ryu, but he keeps rejecting her because of me. Maybe that's why she's so mad at me" I explained.

"I don't blame her, I would hate you too" Momoko joked.

"But that doesn't solve anything! She only managed to earn Ryu's contempt!" Miyako told us.

"Wise words, as always, Miyako!" Momoko smiled.

"And you, aren't you supposed to be with Homare?" I rolled my eyes.

"He sat there with his friends" she responded and pointed at that jerk.

"Whatever" I snorted.

Yoshito's POV:

"Are you stupid or something?! How do you think of pushing a girl?!" I heard Yûsuke claim Ryu.

"She pushed Kaoru!" Ryu tried to justify himself.

"But that was not correct! There are other ways to solve it!" Yûsuke insisted.

"You would've done the same for Momoko" Ryu crossed his arms.

"Yûsuke is right" I intervened when I saw that Ryu had shut Yûsuke's mouth, "It's not right to hit a girl. Kaoru can defend herself."

"She's wearing crutches" Ryu reminded me.

"Yes, but she also knows how to defend herself with her mouth!" I added.