Chapter 18

Yoshito's POV:

I was peacefully sleeping. Dreaming about what it would be like to be Miyako's boyfriend. Suddenly, the sound of the door opening woke me up immediately.

"Happy birthday to you!" my mom started singing out loud.

I covered my ears with the pillow, trying to fall asleep again, but my mom kept singing. When she finally fell silent, she started hugging me and kissing me all over my face.

"Mom!" I complained, but she didn't stopped.

After that eternal torture, I went to take a shower and brushed my teeth. I changed my clothes and went down to eat some breakfast with my family. Ryu was sitting there with his sour face and dad drank his coffee while reading the newspaper.

"Good morning" dad and I exchanged.

Mom placed a plate of pancakes in front of me and kissed me on the forehead. I growled at her gesture and she just laughed.

"Enjoy!" she told us after placing Ryu's pancakes on the table.

Ryu began to devour his breakfast like a hungry beast. For my part, I ate slowly as usual. Mom left a plate in front of dad and another one in Yûsuke's place and sat down to eat next to us. A couple of minutes later, Yûsuke arrived at the kitchen with his damp hair falling over his forehead and neck.

"Good morning" he said before taking a seat.

"Good morning" we responded.

"Now that we are all here, I want to give you your gifts!" mom exclaimed.

"Honey, we agreed that we would give them their presents later" dad said.

"I know! But I can't wait to see their reactions!" she exclaimed and dad laughed.

"Okay then" he agreed.

Mom disappeared into the middle of the door frame and returned after a while. In her arms she carried three gift boxes, one for each of us.

"What is it?" I asked her.

"Open it!" she giggled.

Our parents watched us as we opened our presents. Yûsuke got some books and manga, Ryu some sports' equipment and for me, video games.

"Thank you! This is awesome!" I thanked them.

"Yeah! Mom, dad, thanks!" Yûsuke said.

"Yeah, what they said" Ryu added.

Later, we went to the professor's lab for a meeting. Ryu didn't want to come, but we convinced him. Once we were there, we knocked the door.

"Come in!" the professor said and the door opened by it's own.

I followed my brothers inside and noticed everything was dark.

"Um, where are you?" Yûsuke asked.

"Keep going! You're almost there!" that was the professor's voice again.

Suddenly all the lights came on.

"Surprise!" everyone exclaimed, except for Kaoru.

The professor, Ken, Peach, Momoko, Miyako, and even Kaoru, were wearing party hats. It was a surprise party!

"Happy birthday, guys!" Ken exclaimed and Miyako blew a party whistle.

"How did you know that our birthday was today? We didn't tell you anything" Ryu asked.

"I have access to all your personal information on the professor's computer" Kaoru answered him, using a sarcastic tone.

"Gosh, I love this chick!" I heard Ryu mumble.