Chapter 24

Yûsuke's POV:

It was Tuesday morning. My father woke me and Yoshito that morning and we both got ready to go to school. We were wondering where Ryu was. Dad had left the house to go get him. Once we were ready, dad called us down to the living room. There was Ryu, sitting on the sofa with a long face and the same clothes he was wearing yesterday.

"Sit down, boys" dad ordered us.

Yoshito and I sat next to Ryu. Soon mom joined us.

"OK. We're all here. Now we can talk. Who wants to start?" dad asked.

"Why don't you start explaining yourselves?" Ryu was the first to speak.

"Great! Just as I expected! Ryu, you'll be the first to speak" dad turned to face him, "can you explain what happened yesterday? I'm a little confused."

"What do you want me to explain to you? We simply already know the whole truth. Or is there some other lie?" Ryu asked him.

"Okay! That's enough!" mom interrupted us, "one topic at a time! Forget about me! How did you find out that you are adopted?"

My brothers and I were already waiting for that question. We couldn't tell them the truth about our powers, we weren't sure if they already knew. Although that was also lying and cheating, we had to do it to hide our secret identities and protect them from HIM.

"That doesn't matter! Just tell us the truth!" Ryu demanded.

"Ryu, I ask you to calm down" my mom told him.

"It's pretty obvious, isn't it? We have no memories of our childhood, you don't have photos of us from when we were babies, we aren't alike. What other proof do we need?" I spoke.

"I guess it is pretty obvious" dad admitted.

"The truth is-" mom and dad joined their hands, "your father and I were unable to have children of our own. I have to admit that adopting wasn't in our plans. However, the day we found you asleep in our backyard we instantly fell in love with you. We called the police right away and took you to the hospital. No one knew who you were or who your parents were. You were like ghosts."

"You were unconscious for several days. Fortunately by then we had already decided to adopt you and we had already completed the transactions" dad explained.

"When you woke up the doctors told us that you couldn't remember anything, so while you were under observation we began to prepare the house for you. And when we were finally able to take you home with us we made up the story about the accident" mom added.

"So you don't know how we got to your backyard? Or who left us there?" I asked them.

"No" dad admitted.

"Wow. All this for nothing" I thought.

"However, that doesn't change the love we feel for you. You're our children, no matter what genetics says" mom said.

"And we're very sorry we didn't tell you the truth before. We should've done it from the beginning. We're sorry" dad added.

"It's okay, mom, dad. I forgive you" Yoshito told them and hugged them.

"That was to be expected" I thought.

I looked at my parents, who were waiting for me and Ryu. I had already made a decision.

"I also forgive you" I said and hugged them.

The four of us smiled and looked at Ryu, who was with his arms crossed and a long face.