Chapter 6

Third Person's POV:

The sun was shining over the ramps of the park. The heat whipped the people. Today was the skateboard competition and the participants couldn't be more excited, including Kaoru. She had been preparing to compete for months, so she was ready to take the trophy home.

"Ready to have your ass kicked?" Ryu appeared behind her.

"Not if I kick your balls first" Kaoru snorted.

"Kaoru! Ryu!" Akito came from nowhere to greet.

"Hey, Akito" Kaoru bumped fists with him.

"Good luck to you both" Akito told them.

"Thanks. You too" Ryu answered.

The commentator began calling the participants to prepare. Kaoru put on her safety gear and took her skateboard. Ryu did the same as well and waited for his turn. Akito finished his routine very soon because he was called first.

"And now, let's welcome our next participant, Kaoru!" the commentator exclaimed and everyone applauded.

Kaoru climbed the ramp and, when the signal rang, she began her routine. The viewers whistled and applauded every move she made. She left her best trick for last, which caused everyone to scream in excitement.

"Kaoru is the best! I bet no one can beat her!" Akito told Ryu.

The commentator started flattering Kaoru's routine, but soon he called Ryu.

"Watch me" Ryu told Akito and climbed the ramp.

Kaoru stood beside Akito again to watch Ryu's routine. He was really good with the skateboard! Everyone gasped as he flipped and jumped with his skateboard over the ramps. He finished his inning with a trick that made everyone gasp. The viewers applauded and shouted with excitement, which made Ryu smirk. He approached Kaoru and Akito to wait for the judges' decision.

"That was great, Ryu!" Akito exclaimed.

"Thank you, Akito" he replied, "did you liked it, Kaoru?"

"Whatever" she didn't even looked at him.

Ryu's smirk disappeared. Kaoru seemed very nervous and upset, which made him worry.

"The judges have already deliberated and made a decision. And the winner is..." the commentator announced, "Ryu Kurosawa!"

Everyone applauded and congratulated Ryu. He approached the commentator to receive his trophy. Akito applauded and whistled, while Kaoru saw him with envy and anger. The competition was finally over, so the people started to leave the park. Kaoru said goodbye to Akito and headed home, but Ryu caught up with her on the way.

"Hey! You did great today! I thought you would win!" he gasped for tiredness.

Kaoru clenched her fists. Ryu noticed it and changed into a worried expression.

"What's wrong?" he asked her and then snorted, "don't tell me you're jealous."

"Damare! Just-!" she shouted at him with anger, "shut your mouth already!"

For some reason, Kaoru tried to stop herself from punching Ryu. She sighed with frustration and ran away on her skateboard. Ryu watched her leave with a sad expression. He couldn't understand what he did wrong.

On the other hand, Momoko took Yûsuke to the professor's lab that same day. Since the party she had Yûsuke's phone number, so it wasn't hard to get him. She meditated about it very carefully, and even talked about it with the professor before inviting him over. Momoko was prepare to tell him the truth about his past.