Chapter 27

Momoko's POV:

The days had passed and each day we became stronger. We could feel that the day when we would have to face HIM was coming. Things had also improved a lot between us. The team was highly motivated and united. On the other hand, things between Yûsuke and me became increasingly uncomfortable and tense. He no longer used to spend as much time with Nagisa as before, because now that we were a united team we were always all together at all hours. Until one day, while I was going alone to the bathroom, I found her in the middle of the hall. I felt her hate-filled gaze on me. Miyako was right about her, all that sweetness was just a mask.

"What do you want?" I asked her, seeing that she got in my way.

"I just wanna talk" she said in a timid and low voice.

"Say it once" I didn't mind being rude to her.

"You really are a box of surprises, Momo-chan!" she giggled.

The way she had changed her mood so quickly really scared me. That wasn't the behavior of a normal person.

"Lately Yûsuke is somewhat distant with me. I know you have something to do with it, I can smell it" she told me with an innocent smile planted on her face.

"I congratulate you. You have an excellent sense of smell" I responded to her, still with an angry expression.

"I don't understand why you're so mean to me, Momo-chan" that bitch really knew how to act, "you're the one standing between me and my boyfriend."

"He's not your boyfriend. He told me the truth. You kissed him and then he rejected you" I told her.

She remained with a slight smile, but lowered her head to hide the sadness in her eyes.

"You better stop making up lies and leave him alone. You don't fool me, I know what kind of person you are" I threatened her.

"You don't know me" she replied.

Suddenly her gaze had completely changed. Now she looked at me with extreme hatred. She had a very sadistic and sinister look.

"You'll never have Yûsuke for yourself. I'll see to it that he stays away from you" I warned her.

Realizing that she couldn't intimidate me, Nagisa made way for me and I left. I knew I had made her very angry, but I didn't care. I would never allow such a crazy girl to trick Yûsuke.

Yûsuke's POV:

I was sitting alone in the school cafeteria waiting for the others to arrive, while looking at the necklace Momoko had given me. That photo really intrigued me. What did it mean? Was it just a reminder of our friendship? Or was it something else?

"Yûsuke" Ryu's voice brought me back to reality.

"Hey" I greeted him.

Ryu put his tray of food on the table and sat across from me.

"You're not going to eat?" he asked me.

"I already did" I lied.

"Bro, I have psychic powers, don't bother lying to me" he told me.

"You don't need to be psychic to know when I'm lying" I replied to him.

"What's wrong?" he asked me, "and I want the truth."

I took a deep breath and showed him the necklace. I wasn't planning to tell him, but he could still read my mind and find out.

"Momoko gave me this for my birthday" I told him.