Chapter 1 - First Encounter

The cool air of the outside world swirled around your room. You were working on your latest project, and had been for the past 12 hours. It was nearly 1 AM, and even though you were working, your bedroom light was off. Your project illuminated by the bright lamp on your desk.

Fully absorbed into your work, the only thing to be heard was the scratch of a pencil against paper and the faint click of keyboard keys. That is until a loud bang on the fire escape drew your attention.

You made a mad dash to the light switch. Flipping the switch up, the LED lights buzzed to life. You looked out the window at what exactly had fallen onto your fire escape.

Standing perfectly still just outside the window, was someone in a weird turtle costume. You walked closer, and as you did, you realized that this was no costume. There was a real turtle/human outside your window standing perfectly still on your fire escape.

"I must be dreaming" you mumbled to yourself as you looked at the turtle hybrid. He answered in a voice that you could only describe as "Sk8r Boi" "yep, you're totally dreaming, just turn the lights off and lay down and forget this weird dream"

You continued to stare at him, his unmoving form starting to give way. "No, there's no way. If this was a dream I would be lucid dreaming" you placed a hand on your chin " lucid dreaming is almost impossible, even with years of training, so you must be real!"

Finally, he gave in, moving to face you. "Nope, I'm just a figment of your-" your cut him off, grabbing his face and pulling it towards yours. "How fascinating! Not only are you some kind of turtle/human hybrid, but you have freckles!" You exclaimed, examining his face.

You continued. "The markings on your skin and shell indicate that you're possibly a red-eared slider? Or perhaps just your turtle DNA comes from a red ear" you continued to ramble, not letting go of the turtles face.

"Look, lady!" He exclaimed, pulling his face out of your hands. "If you want to inspect me, you gotta pay me!" He held up one finger, or at least you assumed it was a finger. "I accept payment in food."

You smiled shyly. "Oh, I'm sorry" you started. "All I have is leftover pizza" the turtle's face lit up, which is not the reaction you were expecting. "Pizza?!" he exclaimed. "Lady if you have pizza you can do whatever you want to me!"

You chuckled, covering your mouth with your hand. You nodded and got the box of leftover pizza from your kitchen, bringing it back p to the turtle. Once he had his hands on the box, he began devouring slice after slice.

You laughed as you spoke. "It's getting late. How about, a bit earlier tomorrow, you come to stop by again and I'll have a fresh pizza for you. In exchange, you let me do a few studies?" you offered, smiling shyly at the turtle.

"Aw yeah boy!" he exclaimed, his mouth full of pizza. "Great! How does seven-thirty sound?" you clapped your hands together. "Sounds great!" he smiled a dorky smile at you. "Oh, I'm Mikey by the way!" he stuck his hand out to shake.

"(Y/N)"