Chapter 4 - Into the Sewers

Nerves coursed through your veins as you paced tirelessly around your room. You were dressed a bit nicer than you usually were, as you wanted to make a good impression on Mikey's brothers.

Like Pavlov's dog to a bell, your head shot up upon hearing the three distinct knocks on your window. Mikey's smiling face calmed your nerves, but only slightly. You opened the window and climbed out, rather than allowing Mikey to climb in.

"You look nice! Did you have a party to go to or something?" Mikey asked, causing you to smile. "Not exactly" you started, "I just want to make a good impression is all" Mikey assured you that his brothers were super nice and that they were going to think you were just as awesome as he did.

Mikey's compliments brought heat rushing up to your cheeks, despite the chill of the air outside your bedroom. "We should hurry, my brothers are expecting us!"

You followed Mikey's lead as he climbed down your fire escape, and into an alleyway. He bent down and removed the cover from a manhole. "I know it's kinda weird, but trust me, it's really not as gross as you think"

Mikey helped you down through the manhole, offering his arm to steady you. Once you were back on the siloed ground, you noticed it took Mikey a second to take his arm back but thought nothing of it.

"My place isn't too far from here, so let's go!" You followed him as he leads you through the winding paths of the sewers. "So, my brothers all wear masks, like me." he started to explain, "Leo wears blue, Raph wears red, and Donnie wears purple."

You nodded, committing facts to memory. "You and Donnie are gonna get along, he's a major geek" Mikey stopped dead in his tracks, "not that you're a geek! You're great!"

"Don't worry Mikey, I got it" you assured with a breathy laugh.

"Oh!" Mikey exclaimed, running forward. "We're here!"

You followed as he sped up, running into what appeared to be an abandoned subway station. Mikey jumped the turnstile, and when you approached it, you could see why. They were rusted in place.

"Hey, bros!" Mikey shouted "I brought my new friend" he gestured to you as you climbed cautiously over the turnstiles.

"What?!" the one in the blue mask, Leo, if you remembered correctly, shot up from his place on the couch. "Mikey, you can't just-" he stopped himself from yelling as he made eye contact with you.

You realized that your stance, coupled with your outfit, didn't exactly make you look intimidating. "H-hi" you squeaked, waving shyly. Mikey's other two brothers entered the lounge area, one from the left and one from the right.

"Woah, your friend is real?!" one of them said. He was wearing Red, you remind yourself that his name was Raph, which means the other must be Donnie.

"Of course she's real!" Mikey yelled, walking over to you. "Guys, meet (Y/N)" he gestured to you while placing a hand on your shoulder. You waved again, "Mikey talks about you guys a lot and he wanted me to meet you" you explained.

Mikey's brothers introduced themselves to you. Reminding you once again of their names.

"We didn't think Mikey was telling the truth about having a new friend." Donnie clarified, taking a seat on the couch. "Yeah," Raph chimed in "I especially didn't think he met a friend who was a girl!"

You blushed in embarrassment, Mikey coming to your rescue. "We're just friends Raph, jeez! Get your mind out of the gutter you nasty" you laughed at Mikey's comment, then looked around.

You were already starting to feel at home here.