Chapter 13 - A Talk

"Maybe?" Leo questioned, still staring straight through your soul.

"I don't have to tell you anything!" you protested, continuing on your way.

"Is it about a boy?"

"Why do you care so much Leo?" you snapped, still continuing on your way home.

"It is about a boy!" he said, running to catch up with you. You felt your face heat up.

"So what if it is? I don't think that's any of your business!" you said with a pout, trying to speed up.

"Well, I guess I'll have to break the bad news to Mikey,"

You whipped around your face a mixture of pure embarrassment and pure rage. "Don't you tell him anything about this conversation!" you screamed, pointing your finger as if it were a gun.

Leo started laughing, pushing your finger-gun away from his face.

"I don't know how he hasn't figured it out yet," Leo said, seemingly to himself.

"What do you mean?"

"It's just funny how head-over-heels you are for each other, but neither of you ever seem to notice!"

You felt your face flush once more, internally questioning how you hadn't seen Mikey's now obvious feelings for you.

As if Leo noticed your internal struggle, his expression softened, and he put a hand on your shoulder.

"Is something wrong?" he asked, his voice laced with the same softness he used while talking to his sick brother.

"I think I need to talk to Mikey, but I don't wanna bother him, so ill do it tomorrow,"

Leo nodded in understanding, and the two of you continued home in relative silence.

When you finally arrived back home, you thanked Leo, both for the escort home and for the talk you had had.

"See you tomorrow, okay?"

"Yeah, see ya"