Chapter 20 - Dear Diary

You had been at the farmhouse for what felt like forever, but it had only been a few weeks. Leo had woken up but had sustained damage to his throat and vocal cords that had changed his voice.

Leo tried his best to keep the team's ninjutsu skills up, at first it had been hard for Leo to even walk around with his injured leg, but he was getting better by the day.

A lot more stuff had happened that you could hardly believe. From energy-draining Dream Beavers to a mutated car that fused with its rider to BIGFOOT for god's sake.

you were sitting on a fallen log, writing in your journal as Mikey and his brothers trained. After the bigfoot incident, you had decided to keep a somewhat detailed account of everything that had happened at the farmhouse.

You were putting the final details on your entry about the other days' interaction with a Chimera, a beast that you had only ever read about in ancient mythology.

After the incident, you and Donnie had decided to test Aprils inherent psychic abilities further. Thankfully you were there before Donnie could hook her up to another dangerous machine.

You looked up every once in a while to watch the training, waving at Mikey when you knew it wouldn't distract him too badly, although it looked like Donnie was the one being distracted.

You wondered how April hadn't caught onto Donnie's feelings yet, he was much more obvious than you and Mikey ever were, and after the Bigfoot incident, you thought they were getting somewhere.

You snapped out of your train of thought as Leo announced that training had finished for the day.

Donnie and April migrated to the makeshift lab that was in the garage, Raph and Leo headed into the farmhouse, and Mikey came and sat next to you on the log.

"Am I the only one who notices the way Donnie looks at April?" you asked, closing your journal and storing your pencil in the spiral binding.

"Dude, at this point, I think April is the only one who doesn't,"

You both laughed before the house's fire alarm went off, signifying it was time for you and Mikey to make dinner before Raph and Leo burned the house down.