Chapter 8 - Ride Home

After hours at the lair, both with Donnie in the Lab and Mikey playing video games, Mikey was walking you home. You regretted not bringing a sweater, as when you surfaced from the tunnels of the sewers, a cold, harsh wind almost knocked you off your feet.

Mikey came to your aide, putting an arm around your shoulders to both steady and warm you. The weight on your shoulders was comforting and warm. "Thanks" you whispered, barely audible above the howling winds of New York.

"Hey," Mikey began, looking down at you, "wanna take a shortcut?" he asked, smirking with a mischievous twinkle in his baby blue eyes. You nodded hesitantly, not expecting Mikey to suddenly scoop you into his arms and start scaling the nearest building.

The sudden change in altitude frightened you and you let out a squeal, pressing your face against Mikey's plastron. "Don't worry" Mikey comforted, "I'm not gonna drop you, you can trust me" you slowly pried one eye open, peering out into the night.

You gazed out, in awe at the sight that Mikey had exposed you to. "It's beautiful" you looked up at Mikey, who you realized was still holding you. He was smiling down at you, the same twinkle in his eye.

"It's not over yet" he stated right before running at high speeds towards the edge of the roof.

You screamed as Mikey leapt off the building and landed on the next. You panted, catching your breath when you realized that you were safe and not plummeting to your death. "I told you I wasn't gonna drop you dude!" Mikey assured once again

"Don't scream this time okay?" Mikey joked before leaping gracefully to the next building.

This time you followed Mikey's instructions, not screaming, but not daring to look as you felt the wind fly around you, whipping your hair out of place.

"We're here, you can open your eyes," Mikey said as he came to a stop.

You opened your eyes, smiling upon seeing you were safely on your fire escape. "Thanks for the ride Mikey" you joked, earning a chuckle from Mikey.

"Are we gonna hang out at your place tomorrow or are you coming back to mine?" Mikey asked.

"Probably my place" you confirmed. "But I'll text you if plans change"

Mikey smiled kindly, "okay, see you tomorrow," he said with a wave before jumping off your fire escape and disappearing into the darkness.