Chapter 17 - Adjusting

The next morning wasn't much better than the night before. Everyone was groggy, sleep-deprived and sore from fighting.

April had prepared a breakfast of instant oatmeal and had commented to Mikey that she would go shopping soon.

You were still trying to wrap your head around things, but from what Donnie had explained to you, there was a race of interdimensional aliens that wanted to take over the planet and enslave the human race.

"I don't know what's harder to believe, interdimensional aliens, or humanoid mutants in the sewers,"

Your joke seemed to lighten the mood, but you wanted to take everyone's mind off the catastrophe that had just occurred.

"So, who's the goth with no teeth?" you asked, still not knowing the kid's name from the night before.

Mikey and Donnie introduced you to Casey Jones. He was a year older than you and April and was part of the high school hockey team. He seemed pretty trustworthy, and if he was friends with the guys then he couldn't be of much harm to you.

You and April decided that you would leave soon to buy some groceries, and you were tasked with asking Raph what he wanted.

Raph hadn't left Leo's side since he woke up, and Leo was still out cold. It was weird to see Raph like this, and when you asked him if he wanted anything, he didn't respond.

You reported Raphs lack of response to April before the two of you set out to do some shopping, and Lucky for you, there was a convenience store fairly nearby.

You bought frozen pizzas, cereal, milk, bread and other essential items before heading back to the farmhouse.

You noticed as you pulled into the driveway that the house didn't look nearly as run-down in the daylight as it had the night before.

Mikey helped you and April unload the groceries before tossing a frozen pizza into the oven. There was something familiar and comforting about the smell of the baking pizza that seemed to calm everyone's nerves.

Donnie brought a few slices of Pizza up to Raph, then joined everyone else at the dinner table.

"Hy, (Y/N)," Mikey whispered, leaning closer to you, "when we're done eating, do you wanna go explore the woods?" he shot you a mischievous grin.

"Sure thing, I could use the fresh Air"