Chapter 5 - Lab Assistant

You spent a few hours talking to Mikey's brothers, and they seemed like really nice guys. Leo explained that they were all practicing ninjas, and Donnie explained how exactly four mutant turtles came to exist in New York

They even introduced you to their father figure, and their ninjutsu teacher, Hamato Yoshi, who insisted you call him Splinter. You tried to avoid thinking about the fact that he was a giant rat.

You got to talking to Donnie, as Mikey had told you he was a scientist. And he mentioned that he was working on an antidote for the mutagen that had turned them all the way they were.

"Wouldn't it just revert you back into turtles?" You asked, cocking your head "it would" Donnie replied "which is why we won't be using it. It's mostly just for Splinter."

"Mostly?"

"Well there's this girl, and her dad got mutated and-"

You cut him off, knowing exactly where this story was going. "And you like this girl, and you want to help her, huh?" You laughed as Donnie's face flushed red. "Yeah, I do" he admitted quietly.

You chuckled "cute, what's her name?" You asked curiously, not really expecting a real answer.

"Oh, her names April."

"There's an April that goes to my school,"

Donnie's face lit up "really!? Do you know her last name?" You shook your head because as hard as you tried, you couldn't really remember her name. "All I know is she tutors one of my classmates"

"Either way," you said," if you need an outside look into your experiments, I'm glad to help!" Donnie seemed to beam with happiness "I'd love a few extra hands in the lab!"

After a while, Donnie headed back to his lab, leaving you and Mikey to your devices.

There was an awkward silence between you and Mikey as Donnie left. That was until Mikey handed you a Game controller. "Do you know how to play Fighting Bros three?" he asked, sitting next to you on the couch.

"Yeah!" you shouted, gripping the controller tightly. "I'm the best!"

"Oh yeah?"

"Yeah!"

Mikey smirked, "it's on girl!"