The Creature

Fire.

Fire everywhere I turned. But this was no nightmare. Everywhere I turned, the destruction of another world stood. Which, would soon become a reality, if the plan continued to go well. The pieces were in place, and everything was going exactly as planned.

Mortals.

Such... Futile creations. Why did Cawthon keep them around? They are so naive, fragile, and just weak overall. And the Nightmares are always called out for destroying, but when mortals do it it's fine? Pathetic. Luckily, they would all be dead in a matter of years. It was slow, but it was the only way to be sure. Especially now that THEY were here now.

But no time to worry now. It's time for lunch. My old one got so soggy in the downpour last night, and then some little dragonet discovered it, who led that filthy Nightwing to it. By the time I even got back to it, the guards were already there to take it away.

But I guess that's actually a good thing since now, I've placed a few new... Surveillance items on Deathbringer, and now have a new lunch. A few, actually, that, despite their name, were much less rained on than the other.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Glory had spoken to the doctor, asking to have Deathbringer moved to her room, and they said that because he was doing so well they didn't see much of a problem with it. During the process, Whisper came to visit.

"My moons!" Whisper said when he saw the Nightwing and embraced him in a tight hug. 

"You're crushing me!" Deathbringer complained, but Whisper waited a moment before letting go. 

"You stupid coal sniffer!" Whisper said quietly. "Don't scare me like that!"

"Yeah, you were the victim here," Deathbringer said but hugged his friend. "I'm ok, don't worry about me. I'm a survivor."

Whisper stayed with Deathbringer until they got to the royal chambers, in which case he left to get himself checked out since he did touch Deathbringer soon after he was struck, and might be suffering from minor electrocution or shock. By the time they made it in the room, it was late at night. 

"Glory!" Sunny yelled, running up behind Glory. The rainwing had almost forgotten that her friends were here. "I heard what happened to Deathbringer, is he ok? Are you ok? What happened?"

"He's fine," Glory assured her. "The doctors say better than he should be."

Starflight and Fatespeaker (and I just want to make it known that just because Starspeaker is canon in this story DOES NOT mean I support it>:(!) followed close behind Sunny and asked Glory the same question, to which she gave the same answer. 

"The doctors say he's fine enough to move into my room," Glory explained, and Sunny gave a covert wink to Fatespeaker. "How many times are you guys gonna do this?"

"Until we see little hybrids running up and down the palace halls!" Sunny said stubbornly, and Glory rolled her eyes. 

"We should probably be heading back," Starflight said. "If this storm affected Jade Mountain too, we should be there to help out."

"But before we forget," Sunny interjected. "Have you heard from Tsunami?"

"No, why? She's not at Jade Mountain?"

"She went to visit Riptide about a week ago and never came back," Starflight explained. "According to them, she never arrived."

"Do you think she's ok?" Glory asked, concerned.