1

Authors' Note: Hi, everyone! We hope you're all well! This is a brand new collab story between MSlugAntZ/PurpleNewYorkCity and one-chicago-obsessed. This is our first collab, so please be nice. Constructive criticism is appreciated, but please no mean or rude comments (which will be deleted). Sorry for any typos or misspellings, we try our hardest to fix them when we see them.

*We're not sure how long this story will be or if there will be an upload schedule, so please just work with us.

*This story will be posted on both Wattpad and Fanfiction.net, so please check it out on both, we would really appreciate it.

NO MEAN OR RUDE REVIEWS, PLEASE!

Copyright: We do not own or claim to own Chicago Fire or any of its characters.

Thank you for reading, please enjoy!

Brett neatly folded all of her clothes and put them in her on shift duffle. Tonight was the first all-night shift she and her firehouse family had worked in a while. Night shifts usually went two ways, they would be a peaceful, calm night that resulted in no calls and everyone moseying around the house, or they were a crazy hectic night that would prompt call after call giving them no time to rest. She was hoping for the peaceful, calm night shift as she had not been feeling well for the past couple of days. She didn't know what was wrong with her. 'Maybe I've got a bug or something.' She thought.

"Hey, Brett you ready?" Called Joe Cruz as he went through their shared apartment collecting everything he would need to get through this horrid night shift.

"Yeah, I think so." Stumbled Brett as she gathered everything she needed and tossed her duffle over her shoulder.

"Hey, Sylvie you feeling okay? You're looking a little pale."

"Yeah, I'm okay. I think I might be coming down with a bug or something; I haven't felt good for the last week or so."

Joe nodded and helped Sylvie by taking her bag and placing it in the trunk next to his. Both were able to arrive at the firehouse ten minutes before the official start of shift.

"Hey, guys Chief wants to see us in the meeting room right after the start of shift." Called Kidd as she ran up to Joe and Sylvie.

"Brett, are you still sick? You look as pale as a ghost." Commented Stella as she took Brett's bag from her and placed her hand on Brett's forehead to see if she was running a fever.

"Yeah, um, I think I'm coming down with a bug or something."

"You, sure? How long have you been feeling like this?"

Brett stopped right in her tracks on the way to the locker room and thought back to her first week back to Chicago. Sylvie had just officially started back at fifty-one and, little does anyone know but two weeks ago she and Matt Casey had an absolutely amazing night together after her returning to Chicago. Things are beginning to change between them and she is enjoying this change, matter of fact, welcoming it. She loved that night between them. The beginning of shift starts off a little rocky because Sylvie hasn't been feeling all that great. She and Emily had just gotten back from a call and she felt sick to her stomach so she heads for the bathroom. Emily follows her and sees how pale and clammy she looks.

"Hey what's going on Brett you don't look so great." She says.

"I don't feel so great. I think I may be getting sick." Sylvie says looking up at Emily as she practically pushes her out of the way and runs to the locker room.

"Hey, Brett you still there? What are you thinking about?" Asked Kidd as she and Brett continued to make their way to the locker room, so they could change and go meet everyone in the meeting room.