17

Chapter Seventeen
Authors' Note: Hi, everyone! - Announcement time: We have decided that we are almost finished with this story. Nobody get mad or sad, lol. I'm sure the both of us will continue to post our own Brett and Casey stories. We also might do a couple of epilogue chapters for this story in the future. Not a hundred percent decided yet. But, we love each and every one of you, thank you all for your support. And, a big thanks to those that continued to stick with this story even after our long break.

Chapter Seventeen

The normally very calm crew of firehouse fifty-one was not calm at all after Brett said that she thought she was in labor. Everyone, including Casey, seemed to be doing circles around Brett.

"Guys!" Yelled Brett causing everyone to stop in their tracks and look at her. "I think Casey and I should go to the hospital, then we will call all of you with an update."

Everyone froze when they heard Brett yell. Casey immediately ran up the stairs, after he asked Foster where everything was and grabbed Brett's go-bag was that she had thought to pack the week before they left on their trip.

Foster walked over and helped her friend to the door, "Brett, why don't you let Kelly and I drive you both so that Casey can sit in the back with you."

Brett didn't say anything she just nodded as Casey, Severide, and Kidd grabbed their coats and helped her to Casey's truck where she and Casey got in the back.

"Call us as soon as you know anything!" Yelled Foster as she and Kidd helped Brett get situated in the back before Kidd turned around and jumped in the front with Kelly.

Brett had never been gladder for Kelly's fast driving skills. Literally thirty minutes later, they were at Med and in the waiting area getting ready to be wheeled to a room.

"How are you feeling, babe?" Asked Casey as he walked over to Brett who was currently being hooked up on a monitor.

Brett looked at her husband and smiled, "I'm okay. I feel bad we rushed here and scared everyone when the feeling's kinda passed now."

"Don't feel bad. You looked like you were really in pain, so I think it's good that we get to see the babies and make sure that they're okay."

Brett nodded knowing that her husband was right. Husband? It still felt weird to say that, even in her head.

"Okay, how are you feeling?" Asked Natalie as she walked into Brett's room and greeted them both.

"Better," Said Brett as she felt Casey sit beside her on the bed and grab her hand.

"Well, that's good. It looks like you were only experiencing some pretty intense false labor pains."

"Really?" Asked Brett.

"Yeah, at this stage since you're so close to giving birth your body is getting itself ready which can sometimes be really painful."

Brett and Casey nodded.

"Now, I know you had to change doctors while you were on vacation since your primary OBGYN here moved, but your new doctor, Dr. James, would like to come in and talk to you about a few things before we discharge you."

Casey looked at Natalie with wide eyes and immediately felt fear, "Nothing's wrong, right?"

Natalie looked at the two and sighed, "No, nothing too serious. But he definitely wants to go over some things with the two of you."

"Okay thanks, Natalie." Said Brett as she felt Casey grip her hand tighter.

"No, problem. I will see the both of you after the doctor so I can get you your discharge papers and we can get you out of here."

Both got really quiet when Natalie left the room.

"Hey, look at me." Whispered Casey as he gently grabbed Brett's chin and brought her face closer to his.

"It will be okay. Whatever it is, serious or not, we'll get through it together."

"I know," Nodded Brett, "I just worry about everything."

"I know," Smiled Casey, "I love you."

"I love you too," Smiled Brett before she heard Severide and Kidd make their way into the room.

"What did the doctor say? Are they coming today?" Questioned an excited Kidd as she bounced into the room and went to stand next to her best friend.

Brett looked up and let out a small laugh at what she was about to tell her friend, "Sorry to disappoint but apparently it was just some really intense false labor pains."

"ARE YOU SERIOUS?" Asked Kidd as she let out a sigh which caused everyone in the room to laugh at her.

"Sorry, Kidd." Grinned Casey while he put his hand on Brett's tummy and felt all three babies kick at once.

"You know Ms. Brett, you need to tell them babies of yours to go ahead and make up their minds."

Everyone laughed again at Kidd before Casey interrupted, "Actually, it's Mrs. Casey now."

Severide looked at his friend and gasped, "Seriously?"

Brett and Casey both looked at each other and nodded before they were attacked by their two loving friends.

"I can't believe you didn't tell me." Whined Kidd as she pulled Brett's left hand up and gasped at the two beautiful rings on her finger.

"Well, it all kind of happened pretty fast. And we were planning to tell everyone the news when we got home," said Brett as she gestured to her belly, "But apparently these three had other ideas."

Severide nodded and smiled at how happy his friend was, "Hey, what all did the doctor say?"

"We haven't seen him yet, but they said he wants to go over some things with us." Nodded Casey.

"Everything okay?" Asked Kidd as she sensed the mood shift in the room.

"We hope so." Whispered Brett as she tried to put on a fake smile so nobody would see how worried she really was.

"Hey, why don't Kelly and I go and get you all something to eat. I'm sure you all are starving, and hopefully, by the time we get back the doctor will have come to see you and you'll be ready to go."

Brett smiled at her thoughtful and amazing friend, "That would be great, Stella. Thank you."

Casey smiled at his wife after Severide and Kidd walked out.

"Mr. and Mrs. Casey?" Asked who they presumed to be Dr. James as he walked into the room.

"Yes, that us." Whispered Brett as she tried to sit up in bed.

"It's nice to meet you. My name is Alan James, and I'm your new doctor."

"Nice to meet you, doctor. Can you please tell us what's wrong with our babies?" Immediately asked Brett as she felt worry wash over her.

Dr. James looked at both of them and sighed, "Well to tell you the truth..."

Sorry for the dramatic ending, lol. We have to keep you hooked! Thanks for reading! Please let us know what thought! - PurpleNewYorkCity/MSlugAntZ and one-chicago-obsessed