7

Authors' Note: Hello, everyone! Happy Chicago Wednesday, also known as our favorite day of the week! Lol. We hope you're not too mad at us from the last chapter. We really appreciate all the support we have gotten for this story; it makes us so happy! So, please enjoy!

Brett sat there in her seat shocked. 'How is she back?' Thought Brett as she immediately brought her hand to her bump in a protective gesture. Casey didn't know what to do, he just sat there staring at Gabby.

"Uhh, hi guys," Called out Gabby as she started to make her way over to their table.

"What are you doing here?" Asked Casey as he finally spared a glance at Brett who was shaking in her seat.

Gabby just smiled at the two, "I actually just got into town and stopped by the firehouse when someone named Gallo, I think, told me you all would be here."

Brett just stared at the napkin in her lap, not knowing what to say. She felt like her heart was going to burst.

"Hi, Brett,"

Brett sadly looked up at Gabby, "Hi, Gabby. How are you?"

"I'm good, listen, am I interrupting?" Asked Gabby as her eyes shifted from Brett to Casey.

Casey looked at Brett, "Um, actually we were.."

Brett suddenly interrupted, "You know what, Gabby why don't you take my spot. I'm just gonna step outside for some air."

Casey suddenly reached across the table and grabbed Brett's arm trying to stop her before she got up.

"Brett, are you pregnant!?" Asked a shocked Gabby as she looked at Brett's noticeable baby bump for the first time.

Casey immediately let go of Brett's arm and tried to meet her eyes.

"Umm, yeah I found out a little while ago. It's triplets actually."

Gabby's eyes widened, "Triplets? Wow, Brett, that's amazing. I didn't know you were with someone."

Brett numbly nodded before stepping up from the table, "Yeah, umm here take my seat. I'm gonna step out for some air."

"Brett!" Shouted Casey as Brett hurriedly made her way out of the restaurant and into the chilly night.

"Matt, can we talk?... Please?"

Casey hesitantly looked up at Gabby. 'Why did she have to come on tonight of all nights?'

"Gabby, there's really nothing for us to talk about."

Gabby looked like she was ready to burst into tears, "Please, Matt. I can't...live without you. I tried and I can't. All I do is think about you and the life we had. Please, I just want to come back and be with you. We can be together and try to start a family again by fostering or adopting."

Casey took a minute to think before responding, "You know, Gabby a couple of months ago if you had come back and said any of that to me I would have taken you back in a second. But...I already have a family."