5

Authors' Note: Hi, everyone! Happy Chicago Wednesday! Just a quick thanks to everyone who has commented, reviewed, followed, favorited, and voted on our story. We love you all. Please continue to let us know what you think. Enjoy!

Everyone was in the kitchen arguing about how good Gallo's pancakes were when Brett and Casey walked in. Casey stole a quick glance at Brett before asking for everyone's attention.

"Hey, everyone. Brett and I have something to say."
Everyone dropped whatever was in their hands and turned to look at Brett and Casey.
"What's up, Captain?" Asked Gallo as he walked to turn the stove off.
"Well.."
"Casey and I are pregnant!" Rushed out Brett causing Casey to immediately turn and smile at her.
"What?" "When?" Was all that could be heard.

Casey grabbed Brett's hand and pulled her to him, "Yes, we are, but not with just one baby...three. We're having triplets."
Everyone gasped. Mouch dropped his plate causing pancakes to fly everywhere on the floor. "Three?" He stuttered.
Brett giggled, "Yes, Mouch. Three babies."

Everyone lunged themselves at Brett and Casey. Practically crushing them both. Kidd and Foster both screamed jumping up and down. Severide pulled Casey into a big bear hug.
"Congratulations, man," He said smiling.
"Thanks, Kelly."
"So you and Sylvie, when did that happen?"
Casey looked at the man continuing to hold the smile on his face, "When she first came back to Chicago."
Severide nodded, "So you're happy?"
"More than happy." Replied Casey as Herrman came and clapped his back.
All three men became rather engaged in a very animated conversation about Lee Henry's birth story. While Kidd and Foster dragged Brett into the bunk room for them to talk.

"Okay, girl. Spill!" Forced Kidd as she tried to get as comfy as she could on the small bunk.
Brett smiled, "Well, we found out the other day at my appointment. We're both so excited!"
"I bet. So are you and Casey like together now? We noticed you two drove together this morning." Said a smirking Foster.
Brett bashfully smiled, "I guess you could say that. I mean we want to try and take things slow, but yes we are together."
All three girls screamed with excitement at this.
"I knew it! I knew there was something there between the two of you."
"And you were right, Foster. As always." Laughed Brett.
"So has everything been okay so far? I mean with the pregnancy and everything." Asked Kidd.
Brett nodded, "Yes. The doctor said everything looked good. I just have to get lots of rest and make sure I eat plenty, although, everything I seem to eat or drink just ends up being thrown up."

Kidd and Foster thoughtfully nodded completely understand what Brett was saying as they had heard it from all of their friends.
"But everything's okay between the two of you?" Asked Foster.
Brett guiltily looked at the both of them, "Yes, though, I just don't know how we're going to do it. I mean three babies at once is a lot. Especially for two people who have never had a baby before. And Casey keeps saying that he's not going anywhere, but I just can't get rid of this feeling that something's going to happen."
"Brett, you can't do that. Okay? Stress is not good for you or these babies right now."
Brett nodded, "You're right."
Foster laughed, "I know. Now, how about we talk about baby showers, nurseries, and all that good stuff."

The girls laughed then eagerly jumped into a colorful discussion about how each baby needs its own crib and bassinet.

FIREHOUSE FIFTY-ONE - ALL RESPOND - MULTIPLE CRASH COLLISION ON US 27 SOUTH - ALL RESPOND

The whole house sprang into action. Each person throwing on their gear and hopping into their vehicle.

Casey waiting for a second by the ambulance and grabbed Brett's arm as she ran by, "Hey, please be careful."
Brett smiled and quickly kissed him on the lips before running off to get in the passenger side of the ambulance, "I will. You too."

The crash was visibly one of the worst they had ever seen. There were at least ten cars all piled right in the middle of the road. Vics were laying everywhere. They had to call in an additional four ambulances as well as two more firehouses.

Brett and Foster were loading a man on to the stretcher when he suddenly started refusing their help and started kicking and throwing up his arms. He barely missed hitting Brett. If he had, he would have no doubt knocked her down considering his size in comparison to hers.

Casey just happened to be looking over when he saw the man start to have his episode.
"Hey!" He yelled out before breaking into a run. "Hey, you need to be careful. They are trying to help you." Screamed Casey as he tried to push Brett behind him.
"Casey, stop! We've got this." Yelled Brett as she tried to get past Casey and to the man.
"No! He needs to be more careful. What if he had knocked you down?"

"Casey!" Yelled Chief Boden over the quick escalating scene. "Let them go."
Casey stepped back and began to make his way over to Boden.
"Chief, that man could have knocked Brett..."
"Stop! Listen, I know you are very protective of Brett right now, but that will not get in the way of her job or your job. Do you understand?"
Casey nodded, "Yes, Chief."
"Good. Now help squad move that minivan."

Casey walked off, but not before he stopped to watch Brett and Foster safely move the vic into the ambulance and drive off.

It took over two hours for Brett and Foster to get the man transported and into med. He refused everything they tried to do to him. He was honestly one of the worst patients Brett had ever tried to help. By the time they had dropped him off, it was time for them to meet everyone back at the house.

Though, as soon as Brett and Foster arrived back at the firehouse Brett went in immediate search of Casey. She had to talk to him. How could he do that to her in front of everyone? She wasn't helpless. I mean she still knew how to safely do her job.

It didn't take long until her search came to an end and she found him holed up in his office doing paperwork.

"Hey,"
"Hey," He softly called back as he watched her enter his office and close the door.
"We need to talk."
"I know. Listen, Brett..."

Brett shook her head, "No, you listen. You can't do that to me, Casey. That's my job. You can't just push me out of the way every time something like that happens. I don't stand in front of you and stop you from going into fires, do I?"
Casey took a breath, "No, you don't. But I'm not just gonna stand aside and watch you put my babies in danger."

"Our babies, Casey. Our babies." Slowly said, Brett.
Casey stood up and walked to Brett, "Our babies. I'm sorry, Brett. I shouldn't have acted like that. I know. I just want to make sure that you and the babies are always safe."

"We will be." Whispered Brett as she wrapped her arms around Casey and pulled him towards her.
"Brett?"
"Yeah?"
"I think ...I love you."
Brett smiled, "I think I love you too. But, no more fighting or angry, protective caveman act. Okay?"
Casey smiled and leaned into kiss her, "Okay."
__________________________________________________________________
Please let us know what you all thought, we are dying to know. Thanks for reading! -PurpleNewYorkCity/MSlugAntZ and one-chicago-obsessed