20

Happy Chicago Wednesday! It's hard to believe that tonight is the season finale! What are we all going to do without our Chicago fix this summer? Hopefully, tonight we will get some good Brett and Casey moments!

*Notes from each co-author at the end!

This is the END! Enjoy!

Brett felt like her insides were being shredded into tiny, tiny parts. She held on to the crib in front of her and screamed as if she was being murdered. Brett didn't know what to do. She just froze.

Casey, on the other hand, did anything but freeze. As soon as the rubble was done falling and he heard the elderly man beside him call out, he started wiggling to get free and made as much noise as possible.

"Chief!" Called Severide after he saw the building start to fall right where it stood.

Boden heaved in and out as he thought about his beloved son-like fire captain stuck inside, "Go! Now!"

Everyone who had their gear off threw it on and ran after Severide who led them right into the heart of the catastrophe.

Brett cried as she slid to the floor and cradled her phone in her hands. No one she had tried calling in the last thirty minutes was answering their phone. Casey, Kidd, Foster, Severide, Cruz, and even Boden. No one was answering. Brett didn't know what to do, she just continued to take big deep breaths in and out.

"Casey!" Yelled Severide as he and everyone else they made their way through the rubble.

Everything inside what was left of the building was completely black. If you had just walked in not knowing what happened, you would never believe that it used to be an apartment complex.

"Wait, listen!" Yelled Gallo as he tried to get everyone to halt their movements so he could listen for the slight wheezing noise he heard seconds ago.

Kidd looked at Severide and mouthed, "What is that?"

Severide didn't answer, he just sprung into action. Everyone looked to each other before they followed him in moving the metal piping and carrying off into piles on the floor.

Meanwhile, on the other side of the city, Brett clutched her stomach and winced as another sharp pain made its way across her abdomen and back.

"Whoa, okay babies," Soothed a heaving Brett as she tried to breathe in and out and keep her breathing even.

She sat there for another five minutes thinking that the pain passed when out of nowhere it struck again and caused her to cry out, "Ughh, it's too early!"

"Hey, Sylvie!" Shouted a voice from the bottom of their stairs by the front door.

Brett raised her head up and immediately sent a prayer up to God at hearing Donna Boden's voice. "I'm up here," She cried before trying to catch her breath.

"Hey, sorry to bother you, but I thought I'd bring you some of my old maternity...oh my gosh, Sylvie! Are you okay?! What's wrong?" Urgently asked Donna as she walked into the room and saw a pained and crying Sylvie sprawled out on the floor.

Brett let out a sigh of relief at having someone she knew here with her, "I..I don't know. I was folding baby clothes by the cribs, and I just felt this really sharp pain across my belly and back."

Donna nodded and helped Brett stand up, "Honey, do you think you could be in labor?"

Brett shook her head as more tears started to slide down her face, "No, it's too early. I still have weeks to go."

"Okay, well how about I take you to your doctor and have them take a look at you just to be sure."

Brett was about to respond but before she could form any words, she let out a horrific scream as the pain tried to tear her body into two.