16

Authors' Note: Hello! Happy Valentine's Day! We're back! We hope you are all doing well. We're sorry you all had to wait so long for an update and we know it's been forever since we last updated our story, but here we are! Thanks to everyone for your continued support on this story, and thanks to those who continued to comment/review while we took a break. We really appreciate it. Enjoy! FYI - There is lots of love in this chapter, lol.

Chapter Sixteen

Brett laid in bed and stared at her left hand. She still couldn't believe that Casey proposed two nights ago and now they were literally weeks away from having their three beautiful babies.

"Good morning." Smiled Casey as he turned over and pulled Brett into his arms.

Brett looked over at her handsome man and immediately swooned. "Good morning, handsome. How did you sleep?"

"Great, knowing that my fiance was beside me the whole night. How are the babies this morning?"

Brett took Casey's hand and placed it on her stomach, "They're good. It feels like they're all doing somersaults at the moment."

"Hey, what do you say to a beach day since it's our last day?"

Brett looked at Casey and nodded, "That sounds good. We need to go to a couple of the shops by the resort though because I promised Stella and Emily that I would get them a few things while we were away."

Casey nodded as he got out of the bed and walked over to Brett's side to help her out, "Sounds good to me."

Brett glanced up at Casey and put her arms around his neck, "I still can't believe that you proposed last night."

"Well, did you think that I was never going to propose?"

Brett let out a soft giggle as she shook her head, "No, I mean I thought you were going to propose, just not last night. I was so surprised. You know you were kinda acting weird yesterday, so I thought something was wrong."

"Babe, I was nervous all day." Laughed Casey.

Brett looked shocked before she responded, "How were you nervous? You go into burning buildings all the time."

Casey gazed down into Brett's eyes and smiled, "It's different with you. I've never felt this way with someone."

"I love you." Smiled Brett as she felt small tears start to fill her eyes.

"I love you too." Whispered Casey before he lowered his lips to Brett's and kissed her.

The rest of the day was spent on the beach for the two lovebirds.

"Oh my gosh!" Gasped Brett as she and Casey were walking back to their bungalow.

"What?" Yelled Casey as he came to stand in front of Brett, "Is something wrong? Is it the babies?"

"No," Giggled Brett as she grabbed Casey's arm, "I just realized that we have to plan a wedding before the babies get here."

Casey gave Brett the weirdest look, "I thought you were in labor."

"No, I'm sorry." Laughed Brett, "But think about it, if we don't get married before the babies come then we will probably have to wait years to do it."

Casey didn't say anything he just nodded his head and continued to walk along with Brett to their bungalow.

"Wait? You do actually want to get married, right?" Asked Brett.

"Of course I do. Why would you think that I don't."

Brett took a breath, "I don't know. It just makes me a little nervous. This is my third engagement you know?"