4

Authors' Note: Thank you, everyone, for your reviews! They make us so happy. Please continue to let us know what you think, it really helps our writing process. Without further ado, please enjoy!
Chapter Four

Things between Matt and Sylvie have been great since the day of their first doctor's appointment. They were both so excited about their babies. Their babies? They still couldn't wrap their heads around the fact that they weren't expecting one baby, no they were expecting three. Three babies. Their babies.

It all seemed like a dream to Sylvie. She was so happy, she couldn't picture her life any different than it is right now. 'Thank you, God, for everything.' Thought Sylvie as she laid her head on Matt's shoulder and started to drift off to sleep.
Since their shocking doctor's appointment, Matt and Sylvie had been spending a lot of time together. They had a couple of days off work, so Sylvie decided she wanted to spend a few nights at Matt's place. It seemed that they were getting closer and closer, and both were very happy about that.

They had a shift the next morning, so Sylvie decided to spend the night with Matt and have him give her a ride home after shift the next day. They knew they would have to tell everyone soon, but neither of them were ready to answer the plethora of questions the whole firehouse would have.
Sensing it was time to wake up, Sylvie slowly started to flutter her eyes open to find Matt laying his head on her stomach and whispering sweet nothings to the babies. Their babies.

"Good morning, gorgeous." Cooed Matt as he gracefully lifted his head off her still flat tummy.
"Good morning to you too." Replied Sylvie with a huge smile only to have it wiped from her face a minute later as she flew from the bed to the bathroom; to puke her guts out.
That was one thing both Sylvie and Matt were definitely not loving about this pregnancy. It seemed like Sylvie puked up every single thing she ate or drank.
"Here, babe." Called Matt as he returned to the bathroom and handed Sylvie a glass of cold water.
"Hmmm. Thank you." Whispered Sylvie as she picked herself up off the bathroom floor for what seemed like the hundredth time this week.
"Sylvie, we have to tell Boden today. I mean what are we going to do when you get sick on shift. We can't hide this much longer, considering you can barely go an hour without rushing to the bathroom."
Sylvie nodded, "I know. I'm just not ready to tell everyone else. What if we jinx it?"
Matt shook his head not understanding what she was meaning, "Jinx what?"
"What we have going here. I mean we're so happy. And what if when we tell everyone that changes and you realize you don't want to do this with me anymore."
"Sylvie, one, nothing can change how happy I feel right now. Two, telling everyone our news will not jinx anything. If it's meant to happen it will. Okay. And three, I'm not going anywhere. I'm here for you and these babies. Got it?"
"Okay, you're right."
Casey leaned down and hugged Brett, "I know I am. Now you go ahead and get in the shower, and I will start on breakfast. What do you want?"
"I don't know. Nothing too heavy. Okay?"
Casey nodded, "Okay. Let me know if you need anything."
Brett smiled, "I will."

It wasn't too long after that, that both Brett and Casey were making their way into the firehouse. Both were smiling and laughing at what the other had said.
Foster and Kidd both walked up to them grinning from ear to ear.

"So how was the doctor's appointment? You have been really vague since that day not telling me anything." Called Foster as she wrapped Brett in a big warm hug.
Brett smiled, "It was good. How about I tell you both more after we speak to the Chief and make an announcement the rest of the firehouse."
"Sounds good, hon. Just don't keep us waiting. I've barely been able to keep this from Kelly."
"Okay, I'll find you two after." Called Brett as she and Casey started to make their way to the locker room, Casey's office, and then the Chief's office.

"Are you ready to do this?" Asked Casey as he and Brett stood outside of Chief Boden's office.
"No, not at all. But we have to." Replied Brett as she gently began to knock on the Chief's door.
"Come in."
Casey walked ahead of Brett, "Hey, Chief you got a sec?"
"Of course. Come on it...both of you." Replied Boden as he watched with wide eyes as Brett sat down next to Casey and he took her hand in his.
"Well Chief, there's no easy way to say this..." Started Casey. "But Brett and I are having a baby."
Chief Boden's eyebrows began to raise, "What do you mean you and Brett are having a baby?"
"Well, actually we're not having a baby, we're having three babies. Brett's pregnant with triplets."
"Triplets?" Asked the Chief as he began to look back and forth from Brett to Casey.
Brett slightly nodded, "Yes, Chief. Triplets. We just found out at my appointment the other day."
Boden took a minute before he began, "Well, congratulations you two. It's been a while since we've had a firehouse baby. But, Brett you are aware of the CFD pregnancy regulations, correct?"
"Yes, Chief. I read up on them last night. I know I won't be allowed to go on call once I'm towards the end. But I'd like to work as long as my condition allows it."
"Understood. I hope you two know you will have to tell the rest of the firehouse soon, as it becomes everyone's responsibility to ensure that you are not put in any unnecessary danger."
Casey smiled, "We understand. We were actually going to tell everyone as soon as we finished up here with you."
"Well, don't let me keep you. I'm sure you're both excited to tell everyone."
"Thank you, Chief." Called both Casey and Brett as they rose from their seats and began to exit the office.

"Well, that was a lot easier than I expected. Don't you think." Asked Brett as she grabbed Casey's arm.
"I do. Now, are you ready to tell the rest of them?"
"I guess." Replied Brett with a small laugh.
______________________________________________________________________________
Please let us know what you all thought, we are dying to know. Thanks for reading! -PurpleNewYorkCity/MSlugAntZ and one-chicago-obsessed