Authors' Note: Hi, everyone!! How are you all? We hope you are all well! How about that last Chicago Fire episode? Right? Crazy! We just have to keep our fingers crossed for Brett and Casey, lol.

*One quick announcement - for the month of December we will only be updating this story on Wednesdays. That way you still get your Chicago Wednesday! ;)

Enjoy!

Casey and Brett had an amazing night of sleep, even though they were both crammed into a hospital bed like a can of sardines. If felt so good to be that close and hold each other, and both were ecstatic to be with each other and know that they were both alive and well.

Brett opened her eyes and slowly turned around in the squashed, tiny bed. She smiled as soon as she saw him. He looked so young and calm when he slept. 'Thank you, God, for keeping him safe and bringing him back to me in one piece.' Thought Brett as she gently reached her hand out and ran her fingers across his gorgeous face.

"Morning, beautiful," Whispered Casey as he opened his eyes, gazed at the blonde beauty in front of him, and pulled her closer in his arms.

"Morning, handsome. How's your leg?" Asked Brett as she tried to sit up and glance at his leg but was pulled back down and snuggled back into him.

"It's fine. Can we just stay like this for a little while longer, please? I'm not ready to let you out of our little world yet."

"Okay," Smiled Brett as she laid back down and continued to snuggle the love of her life.

Both were interrupted a short while later when Nurse Wattkins came in to check on the both of them and the babies.

"Hey, Severide texted wanting to know when everyone could stop by after shift. They're all dying to see us and you awake."

Brett smiled, "I would like that too. They should be okay to come over right after shift. Will said I can get out of here this afternoon around three after they do some more tests."

Casey nodded before grabbing his phone and sending a text back, "Okay. He said they would be here soon. I'm gonna hop in the shower before they get here."

"Okay, make sure you wrap your leg and use the bench Nurse Wattkins put in the shower so you don't slip and fall."

Casey laughed sitting there looking at Brett.

"What are you laughing at?" Asked Brett as she also started to giggle.

Casey leaned in for a kiss before whispering, "You already sound like a mom."

Brett laughed and pointed to her now rather large belly, "Well in case you haven't noticed, I am a mom."

"Yes, and a good one at that." Said Casey before he leaned on the bed with his good leg and gave her a jaw-dropping kiss.

They finally broke apart moments later, "Gosh, can you believe how big my stomach is now. It's like in these past two days I really popped out. Don't you think?" Asked Brett as she placed her hands on her round tummy.

Casey widely grinned, "I know. It's insane. Now I really believe you're pregnant."

Brett smiled and giggled as she said, "Alright, Captain go take a shower you're starting to stink."

"Whatever," Laughed Casey as he grabbed his duffle bag and slowly limped to their hospital room bathroom.

"Hey, Brett." Called out Casey as he stopped at the bathroom door.