8

Authors' Note: Just wanted to say a quick thank you to everyone who has followed, favorited, voted, and reviewed our story. And, just a quick, little FYI - this is a Brett and Casey story, there will be no Casey and Gabby. Lol. Thanks again! We love you all! Enjoy!

Just wanna wish my writing party a very very Happy birthday. Hope it's a good one.

Leaving Matt with Gabby wasn't something Brett wanted to do. She wanted to sit there with Matt and go back to the happy place they were in just moments before the tornado named Gabby Dawson walked in, but they couldn't do that. Not now. Now Gabby was back.

'Why is she back? Why now? We were so happy. Why did she have to come back now? What if she wants to stay? He'll pick her over me any day. What about my babies?' Thought Brett as she started to walk down the dark, cold streets of Chicago.

Brett was walking for about twenty minutes before she finally decided to pull out her phone and call the one person she knew would be here within ten minutes, Chloe.

"Hello," Answered Chloe almost immediately after Brett dialed her number.

Causing Brett's face to happily be graced with relief, "Ummm, hey, Chloe. Are you...with Joe right now?"

"No, I just left work. Why?"

"Umm...could you come pick me up, please? I'm outside of Dale's Boutique on Main Street."

"Yeah, Sylvie, of course. I'm leaving the office right now, so I should be there within ten minutes."

Brett sadly smiled into the phone, "Thank you so much."

"Of course! I'll be right there."

Brett sat on a bench for exactly ten minutes before she saw Chloe's car pull up and honk at her.

"Hey, thanks so much for coming and getting me." Said Brett as she quickly got into the passenger seat of Chloe's car and began pulling on her seat belt.

"No problem. My office is only a few minutes away, so it was really no big... Sylvie, what's wrong? Have you been crying?" Asked Chloe as she was finally able to get a good look at Brett's face.

"Ummm...yeah. Matt and I were out at dinner when his ex-wife showed up."

Chloe looked at Brett as if she had three heads, "What? I thought she left and was out of the country."

"Yeah, me too...You didn't call Joe or anyone did you?" Nervously asked Brett.

"No. I came right here after I left the office, why?"

"Good, I just didn't want to involve anyone from the house because then it becomes this big house issue. You know?"

Chloe quietly nodded her head, "So that's why you didn't call Stella or Emily."

"Yeah." Answered Brett with tears in her eyes.

"Okay, how about...you come and stay with me tonight?"