Lupercalia

Lupercalia was tonight and Zelda was buzzing around the Academy, looking for Lilith. The woman had supposedly gotten lost and was nowhere to be seen. Zelda was on the verge of a mental breakdown for she had to be in the woods by the witching hour for the basket part of the tradition. It had taken them days to set up the tradition. Sabrina instead they make new arrangements for the tradition. There would be no more random coupling and couples of all sorts can take place in it. The year prior, it had been only women and men coupled together. Zelda had agreed to change that for she was in a lesbian relationship with their diety. There would also be no chase through the woods. Sabrina didn't find that necessary from what had happened last Lupercalia. 

Zelda stopped at her office, taking a peek inside to see if the woman was in there. She wasn't. Zipping down the halls, calling out the damned woman's name, Zelda caught sight of her sister. Hilda looked wonderful in a red velvet dress and matching jewels but Zelda's didn't mention it. 

"Have you seen Lilith anywhere?" Hilda looked up at the redhead and shook her head. 

"No. Haven't seen her for hours. Has she gotten lost?" Hilda snorted, trying to ignore the scowl she got from Zelda. 

"I believe so. I need to be in those woods in..," the sisters glanced up at the grand clock. 
"Fifteen minutes!" 

"I'm sure you'll find her. Cookie?" Hilda raised a plate of cookies. They did look good but Zelda had no time for that. The woman quickly walked down the hall, calling out for Lilith. 
"Blessed Lupercalia!" Hilda called out.

Zelda knew she was already running late but didn't care at this point. She needed to find the woman. There was no way she was at the forest because she had specifically said they would walk there together. Unless Lilith was playing a cruel trick on her but Zelda highly doubted it. 

She finally came to a door with a small red ribbon on the handle. Zelda furrowed her brows, untying the ribbon. She held the silk between her fingers, caressing it. 

Opening the door, Zelda didn't see anyone inside. Across from the room was another small red ribbon. Furrowing her brows, Zelda marched over the the silk strip and untied it. She then opened that door which led to a hallway, ribbons on every second handle. Zelda untied each one, following the row. At the end of the hallway, she had nine ribbons in total. Zelda opened the last door, realizing it led outside. She wasn't surprised to see another ribbon tied to a post. Zelda groaned but followed along. With each step she took, following the path, she went deeper into the woods. 

From afar, she could see a dim light between a patch of trees. Zelda smirked, damn well knowing what was going on. 

"And what is all this?" 

The demoness looked up, smirking, "Bout time." 

"I believe these are yours?" Zelda handed her the red ribbons. Lilith stood, wrapping an arm around Zelda. 

"Zelda… join me on the blanket." The redhead sighed, lowering herself onto the thick fur blanket. 

Once she was fully down, Lilith crawled beside her, turning to face upwards. 

"Look at those stars." 
Zelda watched wonder fill Lilith's eyes. 

"You really like the sky, don't you?" 

"One place I haven't been. I've been everywhere… but up there…" Zelda knew this meant two things. She entwined their fingers. Lilith smiled, still staring up. 
"Zelda?" 

"Yes?" 

"Where have you always wanted to go?" Zelda thought for a moment. She had too been everywhere. 

"Probably… hell, to be honest. Never been. Sounds like a good time." Lilith laughed. Zelda watched the lines appear around her mouth as she laughed. 
"You're so beautiful." 

Lilith turned her head, smiling at her. 
"Zelda?" 

"Yes?" 

"Are you mad I brought you out here instead of participating in Lupercalia?" Zelda sighed, shaking her head. 

"I would rather spend it here then out with a bunch of horny teenagers." Lilith chuckled, scooching closer to the redhead. 

"What's the point in Valentine's day?" Zelda almost burst out laughing at the question but took it seriously instead. Wrapping an arm around the demoness, Zelda whispered quietly. 

"Valentine's day is a mortal tradition about some guy named Saint Valentine. But it was really made up so jewelry companies could sell more. It's a bunch of garbage really but mortals still… over enthusiast over it." Lilith hummed into Zelda's chest. 
"It's certainly not as exciting as Lupercalia." 

"Did you like Lupercalia?" 

"Always. Got my blood flowing in ways our other traditions couldn't." Lilith chuckled, giving Zelda light pecks. 
"I'm sure time flies by in hell?" 

Lilith nodded. 

"You don't really know what day it is, do you?" She could feel Lilith shook her head, kissing going up her neck.
"Hell seems relaxing." Laughing at her own joke, she didn't notice the kissing stop. 

"Zelda." 

"Hm?" Zelda looked down, noticing Lilith's serious expression. 
"Sorry." 

"Come back with me." 

Zelda hesitated, having to look away from those impossible blue eyes. 
"Lilith, you know I can't-" 

"Why? Because 'your family needs you'?... I need you, Zelda." Tears stung her eyes. She hated saying no to Lilith. 

"Lil-"

"Please, Zelda. Come back with me. You can visit your family, the church, the Academy. Just stay there with me." Lilith's arms tightened around her, not wanting to let her go. 

"I'm not sure, Lilith. I… I can't say yes or no yet." Lilith moved her face in front of Zelda's. The redhead tried not to look into her eyes but gave in for there was no escape from Lilith's intense stare. 

"Come back with me...marry me." 

Zelda looked deep into her blue eyes, getting lost for a few moments. Zelda saw a world of pain behind them. Lilith had been rejected her whole life. No one ever cared for her. Being alone in whatever castle Lucifer had been living in must feel very secluded. Zelda didn't want to say no to her. The woman she loved. So she gave in. Placing a hand on the woman's cheek, she whispered, "Yes." 

Lilith's eyes filled with tears, smiling happily. Tears rushed down her cheeks as she leaned down to kiss her beloved. 

Zelda thought, as she embraced the demoness, Blessed Lupercalia indeed

This is pure trash but you're welcome?? Lmao