The Passion Of Lilith

Lilith wiped her eyes, watching the play. Faustus' display of her life was mildly inaccurate except for the part with Lucifer. She knew by now she wouldn't have the throne beside him. Watching the play crushed her, tears flowing freely down her cheeks. 

Lilith turned away, unable to watch anymore. As she walked down the dark hall, she heard clapping, indicating the play was over. 

Zelda turned to her sister, wide smile across her face. She was proud of her niece for taking on the role of Lilith. Father Blackwood looked over at her, a smug look across his face, clearly proud of the play. Zelda watched Sabrina walk off behind the stage, in order to change out of her costume. 

Zelda stood, whispering to her sister that she would be back in a second. Father Blackwood stopped her, asking if she was coming to Dorian's Gray Room. She agreed but told the man she needed to get something from her office. 

Lilith sat in a chair in a random office. She tried her best to stop her crying and muffle her sobs. A handkerchief sat on the person's desk. Lilith grabbed it and began wiping her eyes. 

"Just go on without me. I know the way." Hilda nodded, turning away with Sabrina. Zelda walked quietly down the hall, the sound of her heels echoing. She looked up at the paintings, remembering doing the same when she first arrived at the Academy. 

Zelda went to take out her keys but noticed the door to her office open. She furrowed her brows, pushing open the door. 

"What do you think you are doing?" Zelda was genuinely shocked to see the woman in her office. Lilith jumped, turning around to cover her face. 

"Sorry, Ms. Spellman. I didn't realize this was your office." Zelda gulped, entering the room and closing the door behind her. 

"You look sad." Lilith wiped her eyes with the handkerchief once more before standing up. 

"I'm fine. Your niece did a splendid job in the play but I must get going-" Zelda stepped in front of her before she could reach the door. 

"Sabrina invited you?" 

"Not exactly. She mentioned it. I just was… curious." Zelda took in a sharp inhale, staring down at the woman. 

"Why were you crying?" Lilith turned her eyes away from the redhead. 

"It reminded me of my past. Got a bit teary eyed, that's all." Zelda felt bad for the woman. Ms. Wardwell and her had gotten off on the wrong foot and she wanted to fix things. Sabrina seemed to really like the woman, even before she knew she was a witch. 

"Ms. Wardwell… would you care to join me for a drink at Dorain's Gray Room?" Lilith shook her head, smiling at the woman. 

"I think it's best if I go home-" 

"Or we can drink here? In my office?" Lilith hesitated, nodding after a few moments. She slowly took off her clock, placing it on the back of a chair. She sat down, watching the redhead pour them a drink. 

Zelda handed the amber liquid to her, sitting opposite of the desk. Lilith stared at her, unsure where this sudden kindness had come from. Zelda gulped down more than half of her bourbon, setting down the glass with a small clink. Lilith drank her bourbon, finishing it in one gulp. Zelda smirked, making a small noise indicating she was pleased. Lilith smiled back at her, unsure of what to do next. She had no clue why Zelda was being nice to her. Exceptionally after the exorcism. 

"Ms. Wardwell-" 

"Mary… just call me Mary." Zelda nodded.

"You may call me Zelda then… anyways, Mary, how did you like Father Blackwood's take on Lilith?" 

Lilith laughed, "Butchered it." 

Zelda laughed, agreeing. "Lilith is a strong woman. She wasn't helpless." Lilith smiled genuinely. 

"Indeed she was." Zelda looked down at the almost empty glass in front of her. 

"Is. She is." 

"Yes… till Lucifer." Zelda sighed, slowly nodding.

"The Dark Lord hasn't been the kindest to his female followers." Lilith nodded in agreement. 

"I think I should go." 

"That-" 

"Would be best?" Lilith said with a smirk. Zelda chuckled. 

"No… stay." Lilith wanted to protest but gave in, leaning back in her chair. 

Ocean blue eyes met sage green as the two stared at each other. The room grew quiet and still. Lilith felt uncomfortable under Zelda's gaze. The woman looked as if she was looking right through her. Lilith averted her eyes, looking at a pile of books on her desk. 

"Follow me." Lilith looked back up, noticing the woman was standing. She followed her out to the hall. They walked along the empty Academy, side by side. 

"Mary, I-... you know Mary is an uncommon name for a witch." Lilith laughed, nodding. 
"Anyways, you come from Massachusetts, right?" 

"That's where my coven was." 

"What made you come to Greendale?" Lilith shrugged, unable to think of a lie. 
"You are a lot quieter than I remember." 

Lilith laughed, "I guess I'm just shocked you are being so nice to me." 

"Why wouldn't I be? I'm not going to be cruel to a beautiful woman I found crying in my office." Lilith stopped. She stared at Zelda, eyes wide. 

Zelda couldn't have been flirting with her. She refused to even consider that. 

Zelda raised a brow at her, and then turned to continue back down the hall. Lilith followed, growing nervous for the first time in years. 

The redhead lead her to a balcony with a large bench. The two sat there in silence, enjoying the cool breeze of Greendale. Zelda sat close to Lilith. The same closeness she sat on the night of the exorcism. Lilith sighed, closing her eyes. She felt a cool hand move across hers. Her skin tingled as she felt the hand move slowly across hers. Lilith slowly opened her eyes, surprised to see Zelda's face so close to hers. Zelda's eyes roamed over her features, the moonlight shining in them. 

"You have beautiful eyes, Zelda." Zelda smiled.

"You too." Lilith melted from Zelda's tone. Her sweet voice rang through her head. Lilith looked down, away from Zelda. 

Zelda's hand moved up her arm, caressing her skin. Lilith sighed, letting her eyes drift back towards the woman. 

Zelda, pleased with Lilith making eye contact, leaned in, gently pressing a small kiss to her lips. Lilith relished in the moment. Instantly missing Zelda's lips. 

"See you around, Mary." Lilith watched the woman sit up and walk back into the Academy.

I promise I'm going to he posting more but I've just been so frickin' busy! This one is kind of shit but as if that isn't my brand by now lmao. I'm getting around to what you guys said you wanted. Remember if there is anything you want me to write about, comment.