Reality bites me

Could she really have guessed that the girl from Sunday night would be her new teammate on Monday morning? Daan certainly didn't. The girls waited for Joe to arrive to start his usual daily speech about what we were going to do.

Goodmorning girls. I hope you are all well rested because today will be a hard training. We will be doing some physical profiling. But
I'll tell you more about that later. First I want to introduce you to our newest member Beth mead" Beth smiled at all the girls when her eyes landed on Daan she was suprised. Did she really just see the girl she hooked up with last night? Yess she most certainly did. This was going to be a hard year she thought but not football wise. She decided it would we best to ignore her and talk to her after training. "Tell us a bit about yourself before we start" Joe said to Beth. "I'm 24 i am from Hinderwell, Whitby. I started playing when i was 10 and haven't stopped since then." She said. Daan was so fascinated by the girl the way she spoke and the killer accent she had. "DVD attention please" Joe said. get your shit together she said to herself. "Yeah sorry".

Joe continued his explanation of today's activities. "Today we will look at the most physical components of international game. We will break that into categories of your breaking strength, sprinting strength and your ability to repeat and recover. By doing these profiling it will give us a snapshot at our team and the individuals within this team so we can be able to be the most physically dominant team within the competitions. So by doing this we'll be able to workout what our players strengths and weaknesses are and work towards this during the season. This will make us better as a team it might not feel like it after today😂"

After the girls were done they felt dead inside. They got inside to the food area to have dinner with the whole team. Everyone had their own place at their table and Daan's luck wasn't the best today. Beth got the empty seat next to Daan. Why there is an empty spot next to kim, Jordan en jennie Daan thought.

Dinner went bye pretty fast. Beth told the girls more about herself. Daan was quiet the entire time she couldn't help but feel the akwardness and tension between the two. "DVD, Jill and Beth can you stay for a sec" after all the girls left Joe went to sit down at their table. "So as you know must of the girls have 2 roommates" Daan already knew where this was going and mentally cursed herself. "Beth will be moving in with you two if that's okay" he said. "Oehh yess it'll be so much fun" Jill said. "I think you'll get along just fine" joe said. Yeah we definitely got along fine when my tongue was down her throat last night Daan thought. Of course she didn't say that to Joe he would probably bench her the first game of the season and that's the last thing She wanted.

Daan and Jill went home and waited for Beth's arrival. Daan seemed to remember that Beth told her that she lived her but if she already had a house why would she move in with us? Beth arrived around 8. Daan gave her a small house tour since Jill had decided to go to the movies with Viv, Cause she was to lazy to wait for Beth. When they walked into Beth's room Daan was about to walk away when Beth stopped her.

B:"wait can we talk please?"
D:"yeah"
B:"you lied to me"
D:"you did too"
B:"i know"
D:"why?"
B:"i don't know"
D:"good answer"
B:"why did you?"
D:"I don't know"
B:"good answer"
D:"bye Beff"

Daan walked out of the room. She was mad at Beth. But was it right for her to be mad at a girl she pulled the exact same stunt on? no it wasn't and she knew that. So she pushed away her anger and walked downstairs seeing Jill on the couch. Putting on their usual tv show. Half an hour had passed when Beth came down as well asking if she could join the two. "Does anyone want a drink" Daan asked. "Sprite thnx Daan" Beth stayed quiet. "Beff?" "Huh?" She said. "Do you want a drink?" "Coke please" Beth said. "Okay on my way".

When Daan walked away Beth knew it was nov or never she might not get the time to talk to her anytime soon at least not about this. She didn't know it then but she was going to regret her decision after.

B:"hi Daan"
D:"don't"
B:"but"
D:"Look your amazing Beff. When i first met you I thought 'who is this girl?'
B:"i'm still that girl nothing's changed"
D:"yes, yes it has i'm your teammate for god's sake"
B:"i know i wasn't the only one who felt a connection, it felt right"
D:"But it's not right"
B:".what if it is?"
D:"we just can't Beff"

Daan walked back to the living room with the drinks. Beth followed her but her stop wasn't the couch it was her bed. She couldn't be around Daan right now she needed some time to process this. Maybe Daan was right an we really couldn't but sometimes something just feels so right you know.