Hurt

It was now a couple months later and Daan was flying back home for national camp just as Beth but she was driving. It was hard saying their goodbyes knowing they would be apart for a week one of the longest times so far. "Bye bunny" Beth said to her giving her one last Kiss before stepping in the car making the drive to St George's Park.

"Hey Daan" Evi said when she saw Daan walk out of Eindhoven airport. "Heyy" she said smiling from ear to ear. "Your happy" Evi commented opening the boot for her. "Haha"
"So how are you doing sissy?". "I'm doing okay despite of the crying toddler keeping me up most nights" Daan started smiling even more when her little niece was mentioned.
"Ahw i'll babysit her tonight, you go out do something fun" Daan stated with a voice so that Evi would know it wasn't up for debate. "Thank you" she said.

When she got home there was a lot of catching  up to do and Daan had something important to tell her parents. It was just like she was thinking about the devil when her phone bleeped. "Hey bunny, just arrived at phil's hell whole. Have a lovely time with you family. Love you😘" the text said making Daan smile brighter then the sun even with the summer heat. "Who's making you so smiley?" Her mother asked. A blush was forming on her face but the smile didn't disappear it turned even bigger. "Beth" she said. "Aha ik wist het! [i knew it]" her mom said. "Leuk Daan we zijn blij voor je [we're happy for you]" her dad said giving her a tap on her shoulder. "Hoe lang zijn jullie nu al samen? [how long have you two been together]" her mom asked. "Almost a year now. That's who i spent Christmas with. I didn't want to tell you guys cause you never know what happens but i really love her and I don't think that will change anytime soon" Daan said still not being able to get rid of her smile. "Ja snap ik, ik ben heel blij voor je schat. Wanneer kunnen we haar officieel ontmoeten? [yes I understand, i'm happy for you hunny. When can we meet her officially]" her mom asked. Yes they had met before but not with the new known status. "Your going to the game aren't you, next week against Brighton?" She asked. "Yes" her dad said. "How about dinner then?" She asked both of them nodded smiling at their daughter. "Alright i'll tell her but i've got to go watch amé i made sure evi got out of the house" she said giggling grabbing the keys of the spare car. "Bye" her parents said.

Daan decided to watch a movie with her little niece and wanted to call Beth. But when she asked the blonde didn't respond to her texts so she just figured she was busy with a training since it was still as always an hour earlier in London.

"Pass it to me!" She screamed making her way towards the goal. As she got it passed to her she ran closer to the goal and hit in the back of the neck after going down from a nasty tackle from Millie bright she was screaming from the pain. "AHHHH" she started crying from the pain and the fysio ran over to her. "Where does it hurt?" They asked removing her hand from her ankle pressing on it. "GODVERDOMME" she cried out of pain. "Get her inside" Phill said following them into thé fysio room.

"We have good an bad news" the doctor said after getting the results from the MRI. "It's not broken. It is bruised though so she can't play for the upcoming 2 weeks" he said looking at Phill. "Okay than you" he said walking out of the room. They left the hospital an hour later with Beth on crutches and a support boot. "Beth" he said turning his head. "Yeah Phil" she said waiting for him to continue to speak. "You can go home but i'm guessing it'll be Holland on Wednesday, see it as a late birthday present. Only if you want though" he said smiling at her. Maybe he isn't that bad she thought. "Thnx Phil and yeah Holland" she said smiling about her girlfriend. "Guess i'll have to book you a flight then, i'll get on it when we get back" he said. "No that's okay, really Phil" she said. "No, no it's the least i can do for you, we don't need to pay for printing your name anyway" he said laughing bringing back his bad jokes. "You're unbelievable" she said shaking her head.

Back in Holland Daan was still worried after not getting a response after two hours and called her and felt a relieve when she answered. "Hey" she said. "Hey" Beth said still a bit sleepy from the medication. "Did i wake you?" Daan asked. "No it's from the meds" she said and heard Daan take a deep breath. "Are you okay what happened" she said. "BETH" she screamed over the phone which woke up amé and made Beth laugh. "I'm fine bunny don't worry. I hurt my ankle it's not broken but bruised. I'm going home on Wednesday and do recovery with Joe" she lied. "Okay I haven't even started and you're already out" she said. "I'm sorry hun i've got to go. I woke up Amè" she said. "That's okay, bye bunny i love you" Beth said hanging up seeing Phil laugh. "What?" She asked. "Nothing, sappy couple you two are" Beth looked at him. "Haha 'bunny'" he said mocking her. "Oi piss off Phil" she said stepping out of the car.

When she got to her room she started to pach her bags since she would only have one and a half day left. "Your flight leaves at 15.00pm on Wednesday. You'll be at Holland by 16.30pm so arrange whatever you need to" the text from phill said. "Thank you" she said putting her phone away drifting off to sleep already excited she was going to see her girlfriend sooner than expected.