Chapter 7 - Training

Summer.

Two years have passed since then.

The Karasuma and Kochou family is very close, sometimes they even went to take a trip together. It feels like they have been a friend for a long time.

In school, like always, Naoto always reads his book alone at the corner of the classroom. His classmate and teacher already give up on making him interact with other people.

The people he ever had good relationships are only Kanae, because of this, his parents and Kanae parents ask the school to not separated the two. The school agreed because, in primary school, there are some kids like Naoto who are bad at socializing and prefer someone they already know before.

Because he never causes any trouble... other than socializing... the teacher decided to let him do what he want because his score is also the highest in the class.

In fact, he's very obedient and always does everything the teacher asked him to do, other than putting down his book in the unrelated subject of course.

...

On the way home from school, Naoto and Kanae are walking side by side. Naoto face look a bit pale with sweat keep flowing from his face.

"Hot... So hot... I hate summer..."

"Hang in there~."

"No... I will die before we reach home..."

"Then, want to buy some ice cream first?"

Naoto's eyes suddenly brighten.

"Yes!"

It didn't take long before they reach an old shop made from wood. This sweets shops are owned by a kind old lady, many kids around the neighborhood always come here to buy a snack or toys.

"Oya~, oya~, Kanae-chan, Nao-chan, what do you want to buy today?"

The old lady is called Sakura baa-san by the other kids, so Naoto and Kanae also call her that. She looks at Naoto and Kanae warmly.

"We want some ice cream Sakura baa-san."

"Oh~, then choose it."

Naoto and Kanae look into the freezer, they are wondering which ice cream they should buy.

"Look, there is a new flavor. I want to try it!"

"Hm, let's see~, let's see~... Durian...? Nao, are you sure?'

Kanae gives Naoto a doubtful face.

"What? Durian can't be that bad, people in southeast Asia likes to eat it. And it called the king of fruits, King!! That means this is the best fruit out there!! Baa-san, one durian popsicles!"

"One grape popsicles for me~."

"Yes~, thank you very much you two. Be careful on the way home okay? And drink a lot of water, it's very hot today."

""Yes~.""

After giving the money to Sakura, both of them continue to walk toward their home.

"Don't come crying to me if you don't like it okay~?"

Naoto gives her a challenging grin.

"You underestimated me too much."

...

"Sob, Kanaeee, what is this? Ughhh, disgusting, sob."

"Told you~."

Naoto start to cry while holding his yellow-colored popsicles, now he regrets acting high and mighty.