Chapter 30 - In a Pinch

Kimetsu Junior high archery club just revived for two years after more than ten years being neglected. The first members after ten years, Misaki and her friends work really hard to clean the wild grass and dusty club room.

Though most of her friends got dragged here forcefully by her, in the end, all of them fall in love with archery. They got no coach, but luckily Misaki got a lot of experience in archery since she born into family that value archery. She manages to teach some basic to each member.

That's why they don't have any seniors. It's the same with the high school archery club, it's been dead for a very long time so when they got into the high school, they are planning to revive it since there is some freshmen joining, that means they can keep it going until the end of high school.

Usually, every third year can't do any club-related activities anymore because they need to focus on high school tests. But in Kimetsu high that's not a problem, as long as you get a passing mark, you can go into high school immediately. That's why all third year in Kimetsu school can still participate in club activities, and Misaki is still the captain.

Right now there is eighteen member of archery club member. It consists of Eight third year, Five girl and three boys. For the second year, there are ten people, with only two male including Naoto. The remaining eight people are girls.

The other second-year boy beside Naoto is Kazehaya, he's also a genius who joins not long after Naoto. He got a semi-long blue hair and very cheerful.

In the third year for male, there is Shinzo with short brown hair and friendly face, he's very noisy and got jealous when the girl starts pampering Naoto. After that is Makoto with neat black hair, he's the type who goes with the flow and agree with everyone, however, he got scary eyes and attitude.

Next is Hatori, Shinzo's friend, he got a cool and cold face along with a short dark blue ponytail just like Naoto, but he's very kind and gentle unlike his face, he's also very good at archery.

For the third year female, other than Misaki, there is long brown ponytailed Ayame with her twin sister Ayane, they are very hyperactive. There is big sister figure just like Misaki called, she's Kaguya, she got a beautiful face and long black hair. Lastly in the third year is Kaede, a very timid girl with braided hair. 

All third-year female really like to buy a snack and food for Naoto, because they only a sole child and only have female siblings, they pamper Naoto a lot. It makes Shinzo jealous over and over again since they only give special attention to Naoto.

...

Morning practice, today some of the members come early to school to hone their skills. Most of them are third yeard and second-year who's very serious about club activities. They already changed into archery hakama and start cleaning the dojo.

"Sigh..."

Naoto is mopping the floor using a small cloth with a bucket beside him. However, rather than mopping the entire dojo, Naoto keeps cleaning the same place over and over again. He looks dispirited with gloomy air around him.

Seeing Naoto in a depressed state, Misaki asks Hatori who is sitting on the floor while putting a new paper target on the circular bamboo frame.

"What happens to him?"

Hatori raises his expressionless face and turn to look toward Naoto before speaking with a monotone voice.

"I don't know, he has been like this since he come here. He didn't even bother to put his bow on the rack and left it on the floor. I almost stepped on it, I feel my heart almost stop."

Misaki look at Hatori weirdly, how can he say something like that without any expression. For sure he didn't look like someone who is shocked.

"Your heart? Stop?"