Chapter 55 - Tokitou Family

Sorry for the late update.

I didn't plan to make the yabusame arc too long, but for some reason it's getting longer the more I write. It'll probably end in the next two chapter, hopefully.

....................................................................................................

"Dead... I'm going to be dead soon master... rest... please let me rest..."

Naoto muttered as he lie down on the back of the horse weakly. He just shoot an arrow without stopping, and his buttocks are hurt from all of the bumps because he still didn't get used to riding a horse.

It's been six days, and in these six days, Naoto didn't improve at all. Not a single one of his arrows hit the target. This has made Reigen head hurts, he rubs his temple to relief the pain.

"This is why I say it's impossible to master yabusame in six days, there is something wrong with that Kagaya brat."

Unlike normal archery, the difficulties in yabusame is ten times harder. Not only we need to drive the horse, but we also need to balance ourselves and keeping our body stable on the top of it while shooting, it's totally different from kyudo where one just need to stand without moving.

Not only that, the bow used in yabusame is also different. The bow for yabusame is shorter compared to kyudo bow, it's more balanced with the grip right on the middle with more curve on the edge, almost like Mongolian bow.

All of this feels like an alien to Naoto who never try it before.

While Naoto is struggling, on the side, Iroha is playing happily with a lot of farm animals like cow, sheep, chicken, herd dog, and goat. The cow start licking Iroha face as some of the animal fight with each other.

"Ahaha~, that tickles. Ah, hora, don't fight. Let's get along everyone."

In the past six days, she always come here with Naoto to accompany his training and playing with the animals. His parents and Kagaya occasionally come to see them to watch his training or to send them home.

Iroha is also very popular among the ranch worker, she's very timid at first, but after two days she can get along with everyone. She's very kind and cheerful that the worker really hope she's their daughter.

The worker also teach many things to her around the farm like how to take care of an animal, what kind of food to give them, and more.

Iroha is very good with animals, many animals who meet her always got tamed in an instant. One year ago, there is a famous scary dog in the neighborhood known for its cruelty, it didn't hesitate to bite anyone who come across it.

When the dog meet Iroha and Shinobu who are on their way home, it surprisingly become docile. The dog starts to roll down on the ground, wagging its tail and sticking his tongue. Shinobu can only shiver in fear while Iroha rub the dog's stomach.