Chapter 50 - New Year

Kanae reading a scary book to Naoto

...............................................................................

Time flew very fast, without noticing, Naoto almost become a third-year student. It's already the end of the year, which means the time for the new school term is just a few months away.

Today is a new year.

In the living room, Karasuma family is watching the new year show together while eating a fruit and mochi under the kotatsu. From the glass on the veranda door, snow slowly fall to the ground, painting everything in their garden white.

"Onii-sama, I'm full, do you want my mochi?"

Iroha asked while showing her bowl of soup with half-bitten mochi inside. Naoto nodded with a gentle smile.

"Mm, just give it to me if you can't finish it. There is no need to force yourself to eat all of it."

"Thank you, onii-sama~."

She push her bowl right in front of Naoto.

Eiji is sipping his hot tea slowly, and Airi is peeling an orange while watching the new year comedy show on the TV. Iroha also keep chuckling watching the show while stroking Shiro on her lap.

"Right, before I forgot, here, otoshidama (new year money) for both of you."

Eiji take out two envelope and give it to Naoto and Iroha. The two receive it happily.

"Thank you, father!"

"Thank you very much, dear father~."

Shoving the otoshidama inside his pocket, Naoto continues to eat the mochi. Suddenly Naoto's phone on the table vibrated slightly, he opens it and saw there is a lot of messages from his friends saying 'happy new year'.

Kyojurou: "[Happy new year. May you and all of your family stay healthy de-gozaru! *Cute samurai emote*]"

Tengen: "[Happy new year, be grateful this flamboyant me use his time to write this message. You must feel happy to receive it from me right? Of course you do!]"

Sabito: "[Happy new year, I hope we continue to get along this year. *Smiling emote*]"

Giyuu: "[Happy new year.]"

Suma: "[Karasuma-san, happy new year. Please continue to lend me your homework~. *Happy emote*]"

Makio: "[Happy new year. Make sure you get a lot of new year money! *Greedy emoji with yen symbol*]"

Hinatsuru: "[Happy new year, Karasuma-san. May fortune is with you this year.]"

Koyuki: "[Karasuma-san, happy new year. Thank you for all of your support last year, I hope we can continue to get on a good term this year too~. *Smiling emoji*]"