Chapter 18 - First Day

"Serves your right~, that's why I always told you not to say something stupid every single time."

Kanae says with a smile while walking beside Naoto. She feel a bit happy for Naoto misfortune, maybe this can teach him a little bit how to choose his words. She already know Naoto got scolded last night.

"Hmph..."

Naoto avert his eyes away grumpily, he can't say that the seventy percent of the reason is because of her.

Right now they are walking with Shinobu and Iroha, even though their school is in a different direction, Naoto wants to go to Kamado bakery first to buy some bread.

Kanae is fine with it and accompany him to the bakery shop, starting from today this will become a routine for her and Naoto. At least Shinobu and Iroha won't feel lonely halfway.

Unlike yesterday, today Naoto roll his sleeves up and unbutton the gakuran, showing his white t-shirt.

Shinobu stares at Naoto's grumpy face for a second and looks at Iroha.

"Onii-chan got scolded?"

Iroha nodded.

"Um, it's very scary. Father and mother are super mad, onii-sama also cried..."

When Iroha recall what happened last night, she can still feel the horror.

...

Kamado bakery.

Like always, there is a lot of people in the store even though they just opened. After choosing some breads, Naoto brings them to the cashier. Tanjurou smiled seeing Naoto come.

"Naoto-kun, you already in junior high."

"Yes, there is no way I can keep staying in elementary school, right? Hahaha~."

"Fufufu~, time sure fly really fast. Back then you are this small when you first come here."

Tanjurou made a gesture to show how small Naoto is.

"But look at you now, you have gotten even taller. Cough, cough."

Naoto look at Tanjurou worriedly, he got a very frail body.

"Ah... uncle, are you alright? You should take care of your body more."

Tanjurou smiles softly and waves his hand.

"Thank you for the concern, but don't worry about me. I just feel a little bit unwell like always."

A little bit unwell like always? That means he never feel well at all. Kanae stands beside Naoto and speak in concern.

"Um, uncle Tanjurou, I don't think it's good to keep forcing yourself. You need to rest a lot."

Tanjurou speak with a bitter smile.

"I want to do that Kanae-chan, but I can't take care of my shop like that. I got a family to feed after all."

"How about hiring a part-timer? With that, you can rest."

Tanjurou needs to prepare a lot of things before sleep and wake up every three in the morning to start making bread. After that he need to watch over the shop until noon, this makes him didn't have too much time to rest. Kie will sometimes change with Tanjurou, but she already has her hand full with taking care of a baby and Tanjirou.

"Thank you for the suggestion, but it's okay, I can still do it~."

Naoto and Kanae look at each other, Tanjurou is too thickheaded sometimes.