Chapter 65 - Everyone's Summer

New cover for Twin Butterfly.

Also sorry for the late update, it surprises me a little bit

Also sorry for the late update, it surprises me a little bit. This piece took me eight hours straight to make. To make the matter worse I accidentally stepped on my pen tablet... can't color it until the new one arrives three days later...

Anway... Enjoy~! ^^

..................................................

Early in the morning, Mount Hakuba.

The sky is still pretty dark, with a tint of dark bluish color on the horizon that slowly spread out to the other side, saying the sun can show up at any moment.

Sound of birds chirping can be heard from the tree near a certain cabin. White smoke is rising from the metal chimney on the rooftop, signing there is a people live there.

In the terrace outside the house, there is four chair with one coffee table. In one of the chair, a boy with short black ponytail wearing comfy dark colored long-sleeved clothes and pants is sitting there, waiting for sunrise. His eyes are closed tight to enjoy the cold mountain breeze and free symphony that coming from the mountain bird.

A single footstep sounded beside him along with the sound of something placed on the table. The boy opened his eyes and turn to take a look. There is a cup with hot steam coming out from it. He shift his gaze to the gentle-looking middle-aged man who is holding another cup of drink, he still looks handsome despite his age.

"Father."

"You woke up pretty early today, Nao. It surprise me a little bit when I didn't see you on your bed after I wake up."

Naoto smiled a little.

"I went to take a small walk around the trail, there is something you can only enjoy early in the morning."

"Oh?"

Eiji raised his eyebrows and glanced down to Naoto feet, there is a lantern sitting beside his son's chair.

He sit down beside Naoto and take a sip of his hot drink.

"Drink it."

Naoto pick the cup up and frowned after seeing the content.

"Father... I don't like coffee."

"Geez, just drink it. How come you don't like coffee? Coffee is good for you."

"You mean good at amplifying our anxiety and depression? Father, once in a while coffee is good for you, but it's not good if you drink it every day. Caffeine can cause calcification of bones, it also make our heart beat faster than-"

"Are you really my son? I like coffee, so you should like it too."

"Do you really think liking something is passed down with the genes? That's not how evolution works. But that's also my question, am I really your son? What's with the otoshidama you give to Tanjirou? The amount you give to him is twice the amount you gave to me."