Chapter 33 - Kanao & Coach

Kanao best girl!

Kanao best girl!

.................................................................

"Kanao~, is it tasty?"

Naoto is lying down on the floor with a foolish grin while holding propping his chin using two hands.

"Mm."

Kanao who sit on the floor, nodded lightly while eating a lollipop.

"He... hehehe~, Kanao is so cute~."

He keeps staring at Kanao with a stupid smile.

Right now, they are in the living room of Kochou family house, watching a movie for kids.

According to Kanehiro and Setsuko, they found Kanao when they were visiting an orphanage. Because they are a big donator, both of them always get invited by welfare organizations to come and see the situation in many orphanages.

When they walk around the orphanage, there is one little girl who caught their eyes, it was Kanao. She's very quiet and always staring into empty space. The orphanage staff says that Kanao parents are very abusive, she always getting beaten by her every day. Kanao mother, leaver her alone with her father and never come back.

They live in a rundown apartment, the new neighbor who just move in, heard about the ruckus because the wall is very thin. She finally calls the police, and it didn't take long before the alcoholic father taken to jail for child abuse and they bring Kanao to this orphanage.

Because of the terrifying experience she suffer in the past, now Kanao completely close heart. Kanehiro and Setsuko feel this child is very pitiful so they decided to adopt her. They believe that with time and lots of love, Kanao will open her heart again.

Kanehiro and Setsuko see Kanao as their own child, and Kanae as well as Shinobu treat her like their own siblings. Maybe this is the first time in Kanao life she ever receives this much love, so she feels a little strange inside her heart.

"Kanao~."

"Mm?"

"Kanao~."

"Mm?"

"Kanao~."

"Mm?"

Naoto keep calling Kanao name, but she only mumbled in a low voice. He sits on the floor and pat his lap.

"Come, sit here~."

Without taking her eyes from the television, Kanao gets up and sits on Naoto's lap. Naoto starts to hug Kanao happily, he can smell a sweet scent of shampoo and warmth of her small body.

"He... Hehehehehehehe~."

Naoto keeps patting Kanao head, but there is a hint of sadness in his eyes. When he heard about Kanao situation from Kanae parents, Naoto can feel his stomach become hot in anger. Parents shouldn't treat their own flesh and blood like this.