Chapter 42 - Weary

Sky slowly darken as the sunset on the horizon.

Back at the lodging.

Tengen wave his hand toward Suma, Makio, and Hinatsuru with a smile.

"Later."

Hinatsuru, Makio, and Suma wave back with a face full of smiles.

"Yes, later."

"Yeah."

"Bye~."

If the others see this, they will feel shocked. There is no hostility and wariness coming from Suma and Makio when they are talking to Tengen. To anyone who feel interested in what happened between them... it happens when they are walking around the town together.

Like always Makio and Suma keep hiding behind Hinatsuru. They thought Tengen is just some outlaw, but he surprisingly has a gentleman side. He always initiative walk on the side of the road with the three girls inside. Opening the door for them when they enter a building.

He lend his jacket to Suma who feel cold when watching a show in a full AC room. Tengen also compliment them when they are trying clothes, even as far as choosing a good one that suits them. He never complain once when hanging out with them.

Makio and Suma thought maybe Tengen is not as bad as what the rumor say about him, despite being narcissistic. When Tengen offers to buy drinks for the three and leave them alone for a while, a few local delinquent approaches Hinatsuru, Suma, and Makio.

Like a knight saving the damsel in distress, Tengen come and beat every delinquent around him. However, Tengen also got hit in the face a few times, but he manages to beat all delinquent unconscious.

Seeing Tengen bruised face, Suma and Makio hurriedly buy a band-aid and medicine from the convenience store to treat his injuries. Long story short, that's how their distance shrank.

"Oh? Isn't this Tengen?"

A calm and soothing voice sounded from behind Tengen. He turns around and saw Kagaya is walking toward him with a majestic aura. The female worker around him blushed when they see Kagaya. He's too good looking.

Tengen immediately greet Kagaya with a smile.

"Ubuyashiki-san, good evening."

Kagaya greets back.

"Good evening, but it almost night. Fufufu. Alone?"

"Yes, actually each member of our group got separated from each other."

"Oh? What about Naoto?"

"We also got separated from him. We don't have any way to contact him, but he can go back by himself."

"Yes, no need to worry, Naoto can take care of himself."

Kagaya starts typing something on his phone as he say that.

"Right, Ubuyashiki-san, Naoto drop his phone before."

Kagaya immediately stop typing his phone.

"Oh? Really? Then let me hold onto it~."

"Eh? But-"

"Don't worry~, I will take a good care of it. It's also going to bother you to carry an extra item right?"

"O-okay."

Tengen take out Naoto's black smartphone out and give it to Kagaya. Kagaya carefully accept the phone and put it into his kimono.

"Thank you, you have my thanks Tengen, in one way and another."

"O-oh, you're welcome."

One way and another? What did Kagaya mean by that?