38.

The sun shine blinds me through the window. Fuck that's bright. I glance at the clock on the nightstand.

7:02

Fuck that.

I just need to close the curtains. I start to scoot out of bed but Grayson's arm tightens around me.

"Where are you going?" He mumbles.

"To kill the sun." After a beat he let's go of me. And quickly pull the curtains closed and stumbled back into bed.

Grayson immediately entangles us.

"I love you." He mumbles in my hair before sleep takes him again.

I can't help it but let a tear slips out of my eye with more threatening to fall. I try to blink them back and shift so they don't land on Gray's chest.

I don't want this to end. Today is the day though. This is the last morning I'll wake up with him. I manage to wipe my tears before they can fall off my face.

I fell in love. I never thought I'd be able to stay that. I don't deserve to say that.

I hold onto Gray a little tighter just enjoying his scent wrapped around me. The warmth of his body pressed against mine. Every little detail. A few more tears fall before sleep takes over.

•••

A knock on the door wakes me.

"Yeah?" Grayson's rough voice has my eyes blinking open.

"Just wanted to let you know me and the boys are heading out. Everyone else is gone and the place is clean." Sam explains from the other side of the door.

"Thanks man. Drive safe and text me when y'all make it back." Grayson says trying to sit up some but I tighten my hold on him to not allow him to get up.

"Will do! Y'all crazy kids let me know when y'all get back." And I hear Sam heading down the stairs after a laugh.

I close my eyes and keep my hold on Gray.

"Love, I need to go pee." He chuckles clearly knowing I didn't want him to get up.

I huff out a breath and let him go. Immediately feeling empty inside when he's out of the bed.

I glance at the clock.

11:43

Time just keeps on ticking. If only I could pause this moment forever.

Grayson walks out of the bathroom his hair fraying out in all different directions. I take a mental picture of his morning look.

"I'm going to grab an under armor drink from the fridge. Do you want a peach one?"

"No wait. Come back to bed." I pout.

He chuckles.

"It's almost noon baby." He coos.

I feel my eyes getting watery again. It's almost all over.

"Okay." Is all I can muster before rolling over so he can't see my tears.

I hear him laugh before the door opens. I know he think I'm just being lazy. But it's not that. I want more. More time before it all crashes down.

I can't stop the tears as I get out of bed. I head to the bathroom and quickly pee.

I wash my hands, brush my teeth and hurry back to bed. I can still imagine he's there with his smell all over the pillows.