20.

I'm completely numb when he walks out of the room less than an hour later. I simply sit slumped on the ground as I wait for a bouncer to lead me back to my mother. My tears dried up but I know they'll be back soon.

The door peels open and a bouncer stands in the door way. I've never even bothered to look at their faces, they all just wear black pants, black shoes and back t-shirts with the words "Stanley's Bouncer." on the back in white bold letters. Gotta give it to Stanley for the commitment to branding.

"Up number 2." The bouncer grumbles. I try my best to stand but my legs are jello and my arms are no help. "Seriously?" The bouncer rolls his eyes but walks over to me.

My eyes go wide as this has never happened. I've never not been able to walk out of here. What will they do to me? Panic fills my veins as he approaches me.

"Heels off." He states looking at my shoes. I'm completely confused but follow his simple instructions. I hold them in my hand as he scopes me up and throws me over his shoulder.

"Who brought you here?" He asks while taking long strides towards the door.

"My mother." I mumble as my hoops start to get tangled in my ever moving upside-down hair.

"Ouch." He pauses, did I hurt him? "Your own mother brings you here... that's a different type of fucked up." Oh.

As we walk out of the threshold he talks again. "I meant what is her name so I can have her meet us in the front lobby." I nearly scoff at the word lobby, as if this is a fancy hotel or something.

I tell him her name and he radios something into his headset like he's in the secret service or some shit.

We walk through the same door I can normally walk out of and I hear my mother gasp slightly. Is she concerned for me? My eyes are closed so I don't see this man ass in my face.

"Do you want me to carry her to your car Ms. Mason?" He speaks in a new tone, a very formal professional one, as if her daughter isn't slung over his shoulder.

"Oh, yes that would be great." Her fake cheery voice is covered with concerned and it makes me even more confused.

I can hear the gravel crunching under his feet and my mother shuffling a few steps ahead.

She unlocked the car and he peels the backseat door open and gently sets me down on the seat, careful to not hit my head on the roof.

"Thank you." I mumble as I take in his features. Dark eyes with a bit of pain and emptiness behind them, light blonde hair and a sharp jaw line. He's definitely very well built and the little stubble on his chin and face ages him older than he probably is. I would guess early 20's, how did he end up getting mixed up working here?

He just nods to me and closes the door after I swing my legs in. My mother has her door open but she hasn't sat down yet. She rounds the car and stand in front of it with her hand on her hip, she looks pissed.

The bouncer walks around the car and starts to walk right past her.

"Excuse me! Mr...." My mother trails off clearly not knowing his name.

"Stone. Mr. Stone." He turns around so I can see his face as he talks to her.

"Oh. Are you one of Stanley's boys?" My mother doesn't miss a beat.