21.

"Carter? What the fuck happened to you?!" Charity stands on the other side of my front door.

"Who's at the door Char?" Emma calls from behind her.

"Charity, please. Get me upstairs with no one else seeing me." I beg her quickly.

"That's going to be hard..." She scans me and pity fills her eyes. "Emma is sort of having a little party..." My eyes goes wide. "Well, not a party, a get together. Just the populars from... all the grades." She rambles on. "Didn't she tell you?" I can't even answer. "Or Grayson?"

"Is he in there?!" My face is now in a perpetual state of shock.

"Yeah..."

"Char who is it? I thought everyone was here?" Emma calls again her foot steps approaching. My eyes plea to Charity.

"Just some ding-dong ditches I think. I'll be right back my mom is calling me!" She calls over her shoulder and closes the door behind her.

We walk to the side of the house so we can't be seen from the front door.

"Are you okay? Were you at a party?" Charity asks again.

"No, but I'm fine. Can you just please get me inside and upstairs?" I plea with this poor girl.

"You did do Rub a solid last night, and she totally didn't deserve it. Plus you look like shit." It's like she thinking out loud... "Yeah, but how? Everyone is in the living room, right by the stairs."

"Fuck! Why is she having a party here?" I run my fingers through my knotted hair and groan.

"It's like a freshman's right of passage, you have to throw a party at your house for just the populars before you can be-" I put my hand up to stop her from tell about the stupid popular rules.

"Can you just get everyone to like leave?" I ask a question I already know the answer to.

"No! If the party ends before the promised end it won't count!" I rolls my eyes, this is so fucking dumb. What if my mother would have walked into this? Actually she probably wouldn't have cared...

"Well, Em said she'd be home alone until at least 2, so she told everyone 1am. You never come home before 2 or 3 on the weekends normally." Charity makes Emma's case for her, like a give a fuck at this point. I just don't need Gray and his friends to see me like this, let alone the other thirty people that are probably in there.

"Can you get every to go outside or I don't know. Charity please, I can't let Grayson see me like this!"

"Why? Were you cheating on him?!" She shrieks.

"No! No way!" I don't and will never count sexual assault (which is what Stanley's is) as cheating.

"Then why do you look like this?" She motions to my disheveled state.

"It's a really long story but please, please Charity." Tears roll down my cheeks.

"Fine, fine! Don't fucking cry! I'll go and unlock the backdoor, come in through there and I'll distract everyone while you sneak up the stairs. Okay?" That's plans seems terrible.

"How will you distract everyone?"

"Easy, I'll start a twerking battle and all the girls will get up and try and the guys will definitely pay attention."

"Eww." I scrunch my face up.

"We've never done it before but one of the senior girls was talking about how she won the last one which was her freshman year. So it's definitely time for another one." She shrugs.